Today's the day the moon will turn to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord

“The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.” (Acts 2:20)

Remind me to purchase a tin foil hat.

Strange how the term “blood moon” has caught on for lunar eclipses. Can’t they just be eclipses again?

Probably because people are thinking of the bible verse in Revelation :slight_smile: I agree with you, though.

The last one I saw was a pale yellow colour… I was rather disappointed.

Some interpretations of this verse, and others like it, both in the Old and New Testaments, don’t take this literally, but say that throughout scripture, the sun and the moon and the stars are used symbolically to represent the rulers of this world. As the sun and the moon and the stars give light and guidance to the world, so our rulers are supposed to guide us. The sun and the moon and the stars falling, or turning to blood, in this sense, might be speaking of the fall of kings, kingdoms, and nations.

Nice big moon out tonight :slight_smile:
Doesn’t look anything different yet .

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/07/26/14/57/lunar-eclipse-australia-blood-moon-space-news << Aus times :slight_smile:

Is the world ending again? Geez….that tin hat is getting a lot of use. :slight_smile: Maybe I should get a new one.

Now seriously, Jesus said that He will come like a thief in the night…so no, I doubt we will get much prior notice. :slight_smile:

It should be beautiful though…all ready for the pictures here.

I never imagined the Rider of Death would be so garsh darned cute.

I saw it too! To me it looked orange.

Okay, I’ll accept it was a shade of orange, but it was very very pale… at least when I saw it.

Agreed. The previous ones in 2014 and 2015 were much darker.

I can’t recall ever seeing a real blood moon… nothing like the ones you see in pics, anyway.

Let’s hope so.

The moon does not turn to blood, on this eclipse!

Why oh why are you orphaning a Biblical passage and using it , with the eclipse.

Anyways, my family are astronomers and take pictures,

:scream_cat::sunglasses:

I went out to see the blood moon but all I could see were clouds::disappointed:

They had that problem too. So put up that pic …

It was very clear here but I was asleep.

But of that day and hour no one knows not even the angels of heaven ,nor the Son,but the Father alone.

Matthew 24:36

But of that day or hour no one knows not even the angels in heaven nor the Son but the Father alone

Mark 13:32

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.