Toddler accidentally buys $15,600 digger on auction site

The technically savvy kid had woken early and, with the rest of her family sound asleep, decided to play with the computer.

With a few clicks of the mouse she entered Internet Explorer and the Trade Me site her mother had already logged on to.

After a few more timely clicks, she had won the most recent auction listed on the site’s homepage.

It was for a Kobelco digger, and she had it for $NZ20,000 - money she didn’t have in her piggy bank.

theage.com.au/news/technology/web/toddlers-auction-surprise/2009/05/21/1242498849208.html

Don’t tell me, let me guess:

The kid has now been hired by the Federal Government to help assess stimulus projects.

well he knows how to spend a hundrend thousand times as much money as he has. that is a top job qualification in this administration.

Are we sure this kid’s name isn’t Geitner???

This kid’s parents should be a bit thankful, and a bit more attentive to their child’s Internet activities. With all of the horrors to be found in cyberspace, I can think of far worse things than $15,000 worth of construction equipment that could have landed on this family’s PC…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.