Toddler eat meat

I have a 2 year old daughter, I was just wondering if she could eat meat on Friday during lent?

Yes. Abstinence from meat binds those 14 and older. Days of fast bind those 18-59.

Is that specifically spelled out in the CCC or elsewhere? I only ask as I accidentally gave my 7 yr old meat this morning with her breakfast. :o

Accidentally doing something is not a sin.

And, yes, it is spelled out:

Can.* 1252 The law of abstinence binds those who have completed their fourteenth year. The law of fasting binds those who have attained their majority, until the beginning of their sixtieth year. Pastors of souls and parents are to ensure that even those who by reason of their age are not bound by the law of fasting and abstinence, are taught the true meaning of penance.

Can.* 1253 The conference of bishops can determine more precisely the observance of fast and abstinence as well as substitute other forms of penance, especially works of charity and exercises of piety, in whole or in part, for abstinence and fast.

Thank you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.