Toddler who was dead for hours sees Grandma in heaven

Who knows the entire back story, but it is definitely miraculous that this little boy came back to life hours after drowning and had no brain damage.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267061/I-got-gate-saw-Grandma-Boy-aged-came-dead.html

Marvelous - Amazing - and definitely a Gift for our Loving Father.

Peace
james

I was a skeptic with stories like this in the past until the same thing happened to my teenage niece. She was at a swim party dove into the pool and blacked out, and fell to the bottom, After several minutes someone noticed her on the bottom of the pool, they retrieved her and tried to revive her with CPR. When the paramedics arrived she had a slight pulse and subsequently spent the next week in a coma in the ICU. The doctors told my sister she had a 25% chance of recovering with 75% change of brain damage and kidney failure. After a week long vigil at her bedside with prayers, two Carmelite convents praying for her, she came out of the coma a week later with some memory loss and weakness. When asked about her memory of what happened, she said she was not afraid as my Dad, her grandpa who passed 8 years ago, was with her and told her he would stay with her and she would be fine. Needless to say we all had goosebumps from the comment and thanked God above for our miracle. Four years later she is doing well, minus some PTS from the incident and her diagnosis of Long QT syndrome. It is miracle that she survived the toddler age with this syndrome as well as a drowning. She had no renal issues or brain damage either!!
Praise and thanks is due to God alone, but the connection to my sweet loving Dad was touching and a reminder that the dead are still with us.
Pax
Roisin

Certainly believe the child having known of similiar instances involving people close to us.
Read the comments. Strange how many poo-poo it saying it was a lack of oxygen forgetting how long he had been brain dead and questioning if a child of three has the ability to express himself adequately. Apparently, the skeptics haven’t involved themselves in conversations with three yr. olds.

There’s a You Tube video of a NDE involving a very handsome man who was severely burned and died. He went to hell where he finally called out to Christ. He did the interview because he wanted others to gain from his experience. After seeing hell, he said he never uses the expression “go to Hell” because he wouldn’t wish that on his worse enemy and he cringes if he hears anyone say that. One must ask themselves why he’d expose himself on a video with one side of his face badly scared from the burns if it wasn’t true.

There are literally thousands of these reports—I suggest browsing through this site: nderf.org/

I also highly recommend buying Dr. Long’s book, which is exceptional.

My 20 yr-old cousin had an NDE in 2008, and he saw both grandmothers telling him that he must return. His is not the only miraculous story I’ve heard. I have little doubt re the veracity of these stories. :slight_smile: Rob

Yay God.As St Padre Pio used to say of his miracles,"Candy for the Children"

Amazing! :smiley: Think about it, how would a 3 years old make that up, and/or would have a family have to gain by making that up?! I don’t think at 3 I had any idea of what Heaven was…

What an absolute miracle. I love miracles.:)

When I was a child I saw a monster in my closet. It turned out it was just clothing and my imagination had played a trick on me. There was no monster.

[quote="csuliman, post:10, topic:195327"]
When I was a child I saw a monster in my closet. It turned out it was just clothing and my imagination had played a trick on me. There was no monster.

[/quote]

Of course you didn't see a monster, because there aren't any!! But there are Grannies and there is a God. :D

Were you “dead” at the time??

Peace
James

[quote="csuliman, post:10, topic:195327"]
When I was a child I saw a monster in my closet. It turned out it was just clothing and my imagination had played a trick on me. There was no monster.

[/quote]

Your comment lacks charity and is condescending to myself and the other posters. I will write it off as immaturity and combination of immoral taste in humor such as South Park, which explains a great deal to me.

My niece was 15 when this tragedy occurred to her, and your comment was not in line with forum rules.

:rotfl::rotfl:

:thumbsup: I was going to say something like that but you said it first and better.

I don’t know why you think I was responding to you and not to the original post. What I am saying is that children make stories up and have their imaginations play with them. Unless the Church has investigated it and says otherwise, I will not assume it is a miracle.

You are correct in saying that, under church Law you may accept or reject such “personal revelation”.
Until the Church investigates and says otherwise, I will assume it IS a miracle.

As a Christian I prefer the glass to be half full rather than half empty.

Peace
James

[quote="csuliman, post:10, topic:195327"]
When I was a child I saw a monster in my closet. It turned out it was just clothing and my imagination had played a trick on me. There was no monster.

[/quote]

As awesome as the "imagination" is, it won't work when there is no breath in your body!

ICXC NIKA

Actually, it seems more likely when your brain might be lacking oxygen and you have to interpret the experience after the fact.

The fact that the individual recovered means that they were not dead in the sense that they brain had died (though they could be dead in the medical definition).

Some things have happened that cannot be explained by a brain lacking oxygen and the brain then interpreting the experience after the fact. One person who had a near death experience “saw” things that nobody else likely saw (like a shoe out on a high ledge at a hospital) and the existence of the shoe out on the ledge was later verified. Another person had flatlined and was brain dead and unconscious and unseeing, but they indicated that their missing dentures were put in the drawer of a crash cart by a nurse while they were being worked on and they “saw” the nurse do it. The dentures were later found to be in the drawer of the crash cart. How about the child who “met” and accurately described a sibling that they never knew they had and lost to death before their own birth, and never knew anything about the sibling and yet “met” them while having no vital signs and seeming to be clinically dead?

Some things cannot be explained away by simply saying the brain lacked oxygen and the person interpeted data the best they could with limited oxygen to the brain. Sure, some can be credibly explained that way. But, not all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.