Tom Cruise says Katie Holmes "Digs" Scientology

entertainment.tv.yahoo.com

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Cruise says the 26-year-old “Batman Begins” actress is curious about Scientology, founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

“Yes, absolutely. She digs it,” the 42-year-old actor tells the magazine.

When asked if he’s become more passionate about Scientology, Cruise says: “I’ve always been passionate about it. I’ve always talked about it when people asked about it.”

He also confirmed there was a Scientology massage tent on the set of his upcoming film, “War of the Worlds.”

“I also had a cappuccino tent on that set. And I made sure the crews were fed well, too. And if someone wanted an assist from a (Scientology) volunteer, it was there for them,” he says. “People are curious about it they’re always asking me about it, they want to know what Scientology is.”

In an EW.com poll, 61 percent of respondents said they liked Cruise less now after the recent exhaustive attention to his personal life, 3 percent said they liked him more, and 36 percent said their viewpoint of the “Top Gun” star hadn’t changed.

When asked by the interviewer if he’s going to propose to Holmes, Cruise whispered, “It’s gonna happen, man. It’ll happen.”

This guy is 42 years old and still speaks like a 20 year old. Maybe he should find himself a woman his own age. One who who has a good grasp of the English language. (no offense to Penelope) Preferably one who does not claim to be Catholic so that he can work his scientology majic on her.
I have seen him interviewed frequently and he sounds like a 17 year old bimbo.

This is sad. I saw a little interview with Katie Holmes and the person interviewing her asked her, “Has Tom gotten you into scientology at all?” and she said that she had gone to a few meetings and she liked it and thought it was helping her to become a better person. I don’t see how you can go from being a Catholic your whole life to believing in stuff like this.

And the funny thing is, for something with the name of scientology, there sure is a heck of a lot not based at all on science.

Tom finally found someone who doesn’t mind him acting like a robot.

Well, maybe she, like Cruise, can afford it.

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]This is sad. I saw a little interview with Katie Holmes and the person interviewing her asked her, “Has Tom gotten you into scientology at all?” and she said that she had gone to a few meetings and she liked it and thought it was helping her to become a better person. I don’t see how you can go from being a Catholic your whole life to believing in stuff like this. You can if you are Catholic in name only.

And the funny thing is, for something with the name of scientology, there sure is a heck of a lot not based at all on science.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Maybe that’s why it’s called scientology and not sciencology.
[/quote]

There is hope. From FreeKatie.net:

" . . .join the movement to liberate Katie, a young, gifted, actress held captive by forces we may never understand . . .Don’t turn away. Your indifference makes you part of the problem. Talk to your children, join in community support groups and . . .continued"

TOM CRUISE.

No that’s a credible Protestant scholar if ever there was one!:bowdown:

I didn’t even know Katie Holmes is Catholic…maybe we should join this crusade to free her (and Tom Cruise as well) from such movements.

Hi all:

I feel bad for Katie and everyone else involved in Scientology. It is a nasty cult.

Jeff Schwehm

[quote=Milliardo]I didn’t even know Katie Holmes is Catholic…
[/quote]

katie holmes attended a catholic high school in toledo, oh. just because i sit in a garage, it doesn’t make me a car. my point is that, through friends who went to high school with her, i doubt she is a catholic. oh, she might have been baptized, had her first communion, and confirmed, but she doesn’t (or at least didn’t in high school and judging by her acting choices and new boyfriend) practice what the church teaches. if she is “catholic”, then she has fallen victim to the rampant outbreak of “cafeteria catholicism” in america.

Bengal fan:thumbsup:

Where I live it is fashionable for the doctors (possibly other professionals too, I only know this about the docs 'cause I work @ the hospital) to send their children to a Catholic school, because they are snobbish about public school and they are convinced thier children are getting more attention because they pay.

There are also folks who send their kids to Catholic schools in order to teach morality that isn’t taught at home. This NEVER works very well IMHO

When Tom Cruise first became a big star, I remember reading that he was considering becoming a Catholic priest.

How sad to think both of them have turned such an about face.

Peace,

Deanna

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]This is sad. I saw a little interview with Katie Holmes and the person interviewing her asked her, “Has Tom gotten you into scientology at all?” and she said that she had gone to a few meetings and she liked it and thought it was helping her to become a better person. I don’t see how you can go from being a Catholic your whole life to believing in stuff like this.

And the funny thing is, for something with the name of scientology, there sure is a heck of a lot not based at all on science.
[/quote]

Today I heard that Katie Holmes is converting to Scientology.

Regarding the “science” angle–Cruise says that antidepressant medication is unscientific and that Brook Sheilds is being “irresponsible” for sharing how such medication helped her. He was quite adamant and very extreme in his view, IMO. Makes me lean toward the opinion that Scientology is cultish.

If you could. :stuck_out_tongue:

In a CNN report today, Katie was reported to have said she have always dreamed of marrying Tom and He has just proposed to her!

If prayers could move mountains, then why not? Heck! There are millions of chinese in need of prayers and crusades to be freed. Why would I bother Katie and Tom? They have all the opportunites in this world to find the truth all laid before their very eyes. Those chinese in communist China don’t.

[quote=Milliardo]I didn’t even know Katie Holmes is Catholic…maybe we should join this crusade to free her (and Tom Cruise as well) from such movements.
[/quote]

Both Tom and Katie may have been babtized Roman Catholic…but somewhere along the way they were not paying attention. Anyone who truly understands the Church could never leave it. It is not just them…to many people…that claim our faith are ignorant of exactly what it means to be Roman Catholic. It is our duty to evangelize our faith not only to others but especially to our own flock.

[quote=4HisChurch]Today I heard that Katie Holmes is converting to Scientology.
Regarding the “science” angle–Cruise says that antidepressant medication is unscientific and that Brook Sheilds is being “irresponsible” for sharing how such medication helped her. He was quite adamant and very extreme in his view, IMO. Makes me lean toward the opinion that Scientology is cultish.
[/quote]

From what I’ve read on the net recently(I think froma link someone posted someplace on these forums), scientology doesn’t believe in taking :nope:any medications. At least not real ones. They have everybody on a weird cocktail of supplements, which are supposed not to affect your “clear” status…People who have gotten out of it, say that :nope:even if your life is threatened by not taking your meds, you aren’t allowed to take them. And many are so brainwashed that they go along with this…:nope:

[quote=Zooey]From what I’ve read on the net recently(I think froma link someone posted someplace on these forums), scientology doesn’t believe in taking :nope:any medications. At least not real ones. They have everybody on a weird cocktail of supplements, which are supposed not to affect your “clear” status…People who have gotten out of it, say that :nope:even if your life is threatened by not taking your meds, you aren’t allowed to take them. And many are so brainwashed that they go along with this…:nope:
[/quote]

That’s exactly what I thought at the time–brainwashed. He was so adamant and extreemist about no meds at all. It made me sad. I was especially angered for the people who may be mentally ill and erring on the side of not taking the proper meds only to hear this.

[quote=4HisChurch]Makes me lean toward the opinion that Scientology is cultish.
[/quote]

People have been thinking of this sect as a cult for years, actually.

Someone needs to send her a picture of Terri and tell her be leary of “accidents”:nope: Lisa Mcpherson too:nope:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.