Tomatos are “Christian"?

A Salafist group called the Popular Egyptian Islamic Association has come under fire after sending out a warning on Facebook urging its followers not to eat tomatoes because the vegetable (or fruit) is a Christian food.

The group posted a photo on its page of a tomato - which appears to reveal the shape of a cross after being cut in half – along with the message: “Eating tomatoes is forbidden because they are Christian. [The tomato] praises the cross instead of Allah and says that Allah is three (a reference to the Trinity).

More.....

nowlebanon.com/BlogDetails.aspx?TID=2451&FID=6

Well that explains why VeggieTales was such a hit! :D

GOOD GRIEF BATMAN!..

there are no other words i can say to the group who came up with this idea other than this, :okpeople: step away from the internet.. i repeat step away from the internet :manvspc:

My first reaction was I knew there was a reason I loved Italian food. :smiley:
Even if my waistline disagrees.

Oh me too. :smiley: I agree on both accounts:shrug:

Imagine how many fruits/veggies have a 'cross' when cut in half.

You obviously haven't seen the hidden mystical meaning hidden in the lowly tomato. Allow me to parse this out for you. to-ma-to.

to (tow) Jesus told the apostles to throw the net on the other side of the boat. the net filled with fish. the apostles had to tow in the net. the net represents the Church. the fish represent all the people that will join the Church. Therefore if you eat fish you want to join the Church

ma (may) May is the month of Mary. May is the first sound in the word mayonnaise. eggs and oil are used to make mayonnaise. therefore you can use fish oil to make mayonnaise. if you eat mayonnaise or eggs you want to be in the net of the Church.

to (toe) the toe is part of the foot. fishermen step on their nets. they stubbed their toes while stepping on their nets. therefore if you stub your toe you want to be associated with the net and therefore part of the Church.

You see, if you twist something just right you can find any hidden meaning you want. That's the whole idea. it's just like the Mayan calendar. we know the world will end on december 12. so eat a tomato on dec 12 if you want to be saved. or kiss an Italian and by association you will be saved. if you extrapolate enough you can invent any bizarre concept. happy distorting and obfuscating. always at your service.

Allah is three? Never heard that. I thought muslims rejected the Trinity.

[quote="atassina, post:7, topic:290334"]

so eat a tomato on dec 12 if you want to be saved.

[/quote]

LOL. :rotfl::rotfl:

You never know, maybe someone will include this in the to-do list to prepare for THE RAPTURE. :eek:

Some time ago, a Muslim member here insisted that if anyone does prostrations, they will want to become Muslim. I suppose this thinking is along the same lines.

I wonder how wide spread it is?

You obviously haven't seen the hidden mystical meaning hidden in the lowly tomato. Allow me to parse this out for you. to-ma-to.

to (tow) Jesus told the apostles to throw the net on the other side of the boat. the net filled with fish. the apostles had to tow in the net. the net represents the Church. the fish represent all the people that will join the Church. Therefore if you eat fish you want to join the Church

ma (may) May is the month of Mary. May is the first sound in the word mayonnaise. eggs and oil are used to make mayonnaise. therefore you can use fish oil to make mayonnaise. if you eat mayonnaise or eggs you want to be in the net of the Church.

to (toe) the toe is part of the foot. fishermen step on their nets. they stubbed their toes while stepping on their nets. therefore if you stub your toe you want to be associated with the net and therefore part of the Church.

You see, if you twist something just right you can find any hidden meaning you want. That's the whole idea. it's just like the Mayan calendar. we know the world will end on december 12. so eat a tomato on dec 12 if you want to be saved. or kiss an Italian and by association you will be saved. if you extrapolate enough you can invent any bizarre concept. happy distorting and obfuscating. always at your service.

[/quote]

This is good....:thumbsup: :whacky::rotfl:

Peace
James

You obviously

[/quote]

:D:thumbsup:
This reminds me of the song "The heavens proclaim the Glory of God and all of nature rejoice" That tomato is surely rejoicing.

It's stuff like this that firms my faith even more. I love being a Christian :)

to (toe) the toe is part of the foot. fishermen step on their nets. they sptubbed their toes while stepping on their nets. therefore if you stub your toe you want to be associated with the net and therefore part of the Church.

[/quote]

:D

I see your piece of cake is Trinitarian, too.

So people who practice Yoga want to become Muslims?
:smiley:

Let's run with this!!

If we can get Tomatoes declared Christian vegetable, then think of the powerful attraction to God's church that we could have.

No more difficult persuasion about the trinity, eucharist and Chruch - but a simple invitation to a pizza and spaghetti dinner would start our pagan friends on the right foot and bring them closer to God.

I dear say, that for our Muslim friends that vain struggles abstaining from marinera sauce cold be the all the inducement they need to finally see the truth in the Trinity.

youtube.com/watch?v=sYt0dpeyAU8&feature=related

Let's not forget how incredibly dangerous and oppressive such people are, wherever they can gain power.

See, even nature points to Christ and the Trinity.

Ah yes that was the poster who used the handle Hamba2han and who hilariously used a Jewish resource on prostration to advance that claim once and an Orthodox resource to do the same another time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.