Tomorrow is Pulaski Day!

No public school in Chicago will be open and city and local offices are closed. We have a lot of brothers and sisters of Polish descent here.

Dzien dobry, y’all!

LOL - only in Chicago, the third largest Polish city in the world.

Kazimierz Pułaski was a Polish general who commanded cavalry in the American Revolution. The rest of the US may have forgotten him, but not in Chicago. :slight_smile:

Nor Georgia.

Nor New Jersey

Since Mayor Daley leased all the parking meters, and the new company has decided there is never a parking meter holiday…remember to stoke the meters in Chicago even on Pulaski Day.

In my hometown, the parishes were organized along ethnic lines. And, of course, there was a St. Casimir! That’s the patron saint of Poland and the first name of Pulaski. And, of course, I was born on St. Casimir’s Day.

Today, March 4th is the feast of St.Casimir. Happy Feast day to all you Casey’s & Casimira’s out there

We especially can’t forget him in Georgia because he’s buried here!:wink:

How do you celebrate it?

oops, so he is! :o

Casimir Pulaski is buried in Savannah, Georgia - See this image on Photobucket.

This is his monument in Savannah, GA. You can’t tell from the photo, but it is 55 feet tall.

I don’t know anything about Pulaski. But his name brought this beautiful song to mind, Casimir Pulaski Day

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.