Tomorrows 1962 collect

I just finished praying Matins for tomorrow Thursday in the 3rd week of lent and the collect is addressed to St. Cosmos and Damian. At first i thought it was a typo then checked my missal and it was the same collect. Does anyone have an idea why that collect is like that? Thanks!

Tomorrow's Stational Mass assignment is the Church of Sts Cosmas and Damian. As for the history of why they actually ended up in the orations when the other Stational patrons aren't in the orations of the other days, I have no idea.

Perhaps Fr Z will explain it in tomorrow's podcast.

Thursday Third Week of Lent Collect (from the Angelus Press 1962 Missal):

Magnificet the, Domine, sanctorum tuorum Cosmæ et Damiani beata solemnitas: qua et illid gloriam sempiteram, et opem nobis ineffabili prividentia contulisti. Per Dominum nostrum.

May the solemnity of The Saints Cosmas ans Damian Glorify Thee, O Lord: whereby Thou hast, in Thine ineffable providence, given to them everlasting glory and to us Thine aid. Through our Lord.

Dom Prosper Geuranger's entry for today in The Liturgical Year sheds at least some light on this:

At Rome, the Station is at the church of Saints Cosmas and Damian, in the forum. The Christians of the middle ages (as we learn from Durandus, in his Rational of the Divine Offices) were under the impression that this Station was chosen because these two saints were, by profession, physicians. The Church, according to this explanation, would not only offer up her prayers of this day for the souls, but also for the bodies of her children: she would draw down upon them -- fatigued as she knew they must be by their observance of abstinence and fasting -- the protection of these holy martyrs, who, whilst on earth, devoted their medical skill to relieving the corporal ailments of their brethren. The remarks made by the learned liturgiologist Gavantus, in reference to this interpretation, lead us to conclude that, although it may .possibly not give us the real motive of the Church's selecting this Station, yet it is not to be rejected. It will, at least, suggest to the faithful to recommend themselves to these saints, and to ask of God, through their intercession, that they may have the necessary courage and strength for persevering to the end of the holy season in what they have, so far, faithfully observed.

[quote="disneyfan1206, post:1, topic:317541"]
I just finished praying Matins for tomorrow Thursday in the 3rd week of lent and the collect is addressed to St. Cosmos and Damian. At first i thought it was a typo then checked my missal and it was the same collect. Does anyone have an idea why that collect is like that? Thanks!

[/quote]

Up cho bác may m?n

Chuyên cung c?p các s?n ph?m súng phun son tinh di?n,máy phun son tinh di?n,h? th?ng phun son tinh di?n,dây chuy?n phun son tinh di?n.Hotline: 0903685226 - Website: pertech.com.vn-Sungphunsontinhdien.com.vn

Tag:may phun son tinh dien,sung phun son,may phun son,he thong phun son tinh dien,may phun son tinh dien,sung phun son tinh dien,mua sung phun son,he thong phun son tinh dien,súng phun son tinh di?n,h? th?ng phun son tinh di?n,h? th?ng phun son tinh di?n,dung d?ch phun son,súng phun son ki?u mÃ*ng,súng phun son di?n,các cách phun son hi?u qu?,s? d?ng súng phun son hi?u qu?,phuong pháp phun son hi?u qu?,máy phun son tinh di?n t?t nh?t,pertech phun son tinh di?n,h? th?ng son tinh di?n

Composed/Posted with WYSIWYG BBCode Editor

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.