Tonight on TCM will be Wait Until Dark

It will be on at 8:00.

For those unfamiliar it is a thriller starring Audrey Hepburn as a blind woman being tormented by an evil drug dealer played by Alan Arkin.

The late Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. also appears in the movie. It is worth noting that the 1972 TV movie The Eyes of Charles Sand “borrowed” music from Wait Until Dark.

One of my favorite movies. Great cast. Bad guys vs. blind girl.

I got to see some of the beginning and middle. The end is so suspenseful. They don’t make movies like this anymore. A+

I got a chance to watch it again. While not as suspenseful or creepy as it was in the movie theater, as I recall so many years ago, it is still a mighty good film. Thanks for the tip.

I watched with my daughter, with the lights out! :eek:

We watched it before. She actually moved away from me because she was worried I would scream.:blush:

I noticed the close up shots of Audrey Hepburn. Aside from having great expressions, she really was a classic beauty.

I liked the Gloria character too. I guess NY was safer in the 60’s that a little girl could go off alone to Port Authority bus terminal.

Alan Arkin was very scary and evil. I recently read that his reply for not receiving an Oscar nomination for that role was “They don’t give oscars for terrifying Audrey Hepburn”. He didn’t like playing this role, because Audrey Hepburn was so kind and charming, he felt terrible on having to mistreat her.

I just realized that the film couldn’t be remade and set currently. Cell phones would foil the plot.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.