TOO CUTE WARNING! (Video of 3-yr old playing “Mass)

I was reading Fr Z’s blog today and thought I’d share this here.

wdtprs.com/blog/2012/03/too-cute-warning-video-of-3-yr-old-playing-mass/

One of the comments made my day: :smiley:

Centristian says:
23 March 2012 at 8:54 pm

Cute…but I’m concerned about the disconcerted young female parishioner who mistakenly entered the sanctuary via the sacristy door (so embarrasing when that happens) and clearly noticed, among other abuses, cruets and a sanctus bell resting on the altar instead of the credence table, a single altar candle (which probably wasn’t even 51% beeswax), and a celebrant wearing no alb.

I fear, therefore, that Father Toddler might find himself in hot water when she reports his antics to Bishop Teddy Bear, who I suspect will put him on administrative leave for refusing Communion to his mother. Given his willingness to distribute Communion to seated worshippers, however, he may have a future with the Neocatechumenal Way. Lex orandi, lex credendi.

How cute. Never think they don’t take it all in.

That is absolutely precious! :slight_smile:

That was awesome. I hope my future kids are that excited about mass. I love the way he went around saying “Body of Christ”. Really cute!

I exploded, it was so cute! :smiley:

Absolute Cute Overload!

When my brother and I were kids, we “said Mass” also. Of course, being female and five years younger, my bro thought I shouldn’t be the “priest”. I always won out though!

Yep, how very cute. :slight_smile:

I confess to also have in some sense ‘played Mass’ when I was younger (which was really just me taking a ladle of water and saying the Words of Institution over it in the bathroom :blush:), though I was more into playing with statues (I probably broke quite a lot of them :eek:), making them reenact the Crucifixion or the Nativity or somesuch. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awwwwwww that is so cute! Maybe it’s an early calling to the priesthood? :smiley:

Those of us learning how to serve Mass had someone being the “priest” who knew some of the priest’s Latin as well. When it was my turn, I was actually accused of being blasphemous when I said “Benedicat vos omnipotens Deus, Pater, Filius, et Spiritus Sanctus” and blessing the pretend congregation.

This may be cute now but…

That is too awesome. Love the way he exclaims “BEHOLD!” I remember playing mass, but had no vestments, only my grandfathers leather belt that I wore as a stole.

It’s amazing how children can pick up on things that we don’t expect them to.

Love it!!!

Before my First Communion I remember sitting in a restaurant and practicing receiving communion at dinner with a bag of those little oyster crackers that you put on soups.

I have been told that one time when I was 3 my mother took me to a plant nursery and there was a little fountain by the front door. I blessed myself on the way in like it was no big deal. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.