too late for me to turn back to God?

Please pray for me, i’ve been a hardened sinner, feeling like its too late for me to turn back to God - committed a lot of mortal sins, unforgiveness,hurt people. Hope its not too late, I know we are living in desperate times.

[INDENT]Prayer to Jesus Christ, to Obtain His Holy Love

My crucified Jesus, I confess You to be the true Son of God and my Savior. I adore and thank You for the death You did suffer for me. My dear Redeemer, if I have until now done nothing but offend You, I am now sorry for it above all things, and I desire nothing but to love You.

You have promised to hear those who pray to You; by the merits of Your Passion, I ask You to give me Your holy love. Ah, draw my heart entirely to Yourself, that from this day forward I may love You with all my strength, and may love none other but You; and so may I one day come to love You for all eternity in paradise.

Amen.

(To be said by the penitent.)

:signofcross:

[/INDENT]

any reasurance? I’ve been a terrible sinner :frowning:

**Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life, and for the lives of all my brothers and sisters. I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion, yet I rejoice that You have conquered death by the Resurrection of Your Son. I am ready to do my part in ending abortion. Today I commit myself NEVER to be silent, NEVER to be passive, NEVER to be forgetful of the unborn. I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement, and never to stop defending life until all my brothers and sisters are protected, and our nation once again becomes a nation with liberty and justice not just for some, but for all, through Christ our Lord. Amen!

We can’t give advice on this forum – just prayers.

what about reasurrance?

Check your PMs. :slight_smile:

“Come to me all you who labor and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest”

If you’re still breathing, it’s not too late.

It’s never too late, and welcome to CAF!

It is never too late. God loves you. Ask the Holy Spirit for the grace of making a good Confession. Go to Confession as soon as possible with a firm resolve to not sin again. You will have a peace beyond description.

If you are breathing and conscious, it is not too late.

From someone who was once a very hardened sinner, I can assure you that all you need do to start on the right path is to repent and go to confession.

And I’ll keep you in my prayers. :signofcross:

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom in your time of need.

OUR LADY, COMFORTER OF THE AFFLICTED

Immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God and our most compassionate Mother, we present ourselves in thy sight in all humility, and with full confidence we implore thee for thy maternal patronage.

Thou hast been proclaimed by Holy Church the Comforter of the Afflicted, and to thee constant recourse is had by the sorrowful in their afflictions, the sick in their maladies, the dying in their agony, the poor in their straitened circumstances, those who stand in all manner of need in both public and private calamities; and from thee they all receive consolation and strength.

Our dearest Mother, turn upon us also, wretched sinners that we are, thy merciful eyes, and graciously accept our humble and confident prayers. Aid us in all our spiritual and temporal necessities, deliver us from all evil and especially from sin, which is the greatest evil, and from all danger of falling into it; obtain for us from thy Son Jesus every blessing of which thou seest we stand in need both in soul and body, and especially the greatest blessing of all, which is Divine grace. Comfort our spirits, troubled and afflicted in the midst of the many dangers that threaten us, and the countless miseries and misfortunes that beset us on every side. This we ask through that immense joy which filled thy pure soul in the glorious Resurrection of thy Divine Son.

Obtain tranquillity for Holy Church, help and comfort for her visible Head, the Sovereign Pontiff, peace for Christian princes, refreshment in their pains for the Holy Souls in Purgatory; for sinners, the forgiveness of their sins, and for the just, perseverance in well-doing. Receive us all, our most tender Mother, under thy loving and mighty protection, that we may be enabled to live virtuously, die holily and attain to everlasting happiness in Heaven. Amen.

Peace

Today is St. Augustine’s feast day - he was a terrible sinner who completely turned his life around and ultimately became a Bishop and one of the four most important Doctors of the Church.

There is always hope. It begins in the Confessional. There may be some hard work ahead. But it’s not impossible - and Jesus will be there with you the whole way.

Im just worried I have the mark of the beast.

What makes you think you have the mark of the beast?

been living worldly

You can go to Confession.

Make a private appointment. Explain your fears to the priest, and tell him everything. He will guide you on how to get back to God, and he will help you find the help you need to deal with whatever after-effects there may be of your worldly lifestyle, including any “mark of the beast.”

so scared

Hi marypiopadre,

Prayers said for you, on your behalf.

Try not to be afraid. I know it’s difficult when we feel anxious. :hug3:

Trust in God. Jesus loves us, and died for our sins.

May God bless you in this difficult time for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.