Too much of a whimp to be cops

I thought i was reading a script for a will farrel movie, when is a this.

news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1076769
If they react like this to an old woman. What would they do if someone came at them with a gun? Probably say a silent thankful prayer they were wearing depends. What hopeless cowardly idiots.

Good greif... Thank God I'm don't live in the land of the "free".

What sort of person would tazer an 86 year old? I know in the tribunal the Policeman claimed that she had a knife, but if that's the most skillful way they can handle people with knives; by stepping on their oxygen chord and tazering them twice then it's a very poor show. Another reason why police(or anyone) should not be allowed guns or tazers.

[quote="JohnDamian, post:2, topic:203413"]
Good greif... Thank God I'm don't live in the land of the "free".

What sort of person would tazer an 86 year old? I know in the tribunal the Policeman claimed that she had a knife, but if that's the most skillful way they can handle people with knives; by stepping on their oxygen chord and tazering them twice then it's a very poor show. Another reason why police(or anyone) should not be allowed guns or tazers.

[/quote]

John, you're over-reacting, but that's another thread.

The lesson here is that when you give a badge to a butthead, what you now have is a butthead with a badge.

DaveBj

I will be curious as to how this plays out. I wouldn't want to be this guys attorney.

The article in the first post was based upon information from the newspaper The Oklahoman. Here is that article:
newsok.com/oklahoma-grandmother-gets-shocked-by-taser-sues-el-reno-police/article/3471619

Police have admitted using a Taser to incapacitate the suicidal woman Dec. 22. Officer Duran wrote in a police report she pulled a kitchen knife from under her pillow and threatened to kill him. "I tried talking to Varner and calm her down but nothing would work,” he reported.

The officer reported she took "a more aggressive posture on the bed” when other officers arrived. He reported she raised the knife above her head and said, "If you come any closer, you're getting the knife.” He reported he feared she would injure someone.

The lawsuit does not mention that Varner had a knife.

According to The Oklahoman article, Officer Duran alleges that the woman said: "If you try and get the knife I will stab you and kill you. I killed four Japs in World War II, and I would not bat an eye killing you.”

Her grandson claims that she mentioned WWII, but that no threat was made.

Here is the link to the actual lawsuit:
courthousenews.com/2010/06/24/TaserGranny.pdf

[quote="Dale_M, post:5, topic:203413"]

According to The Oklahoman article, Officer Duran alleges that the woman said: "If you try and get the knife I will stab you and kill you. I killed four Japs in World War II, and I would not bat an eye killing you.”

Her grandson claims that she mentioned WWII, but that no threat was made.

[/quote]

Lawsuits never give the defense postition. That is why it is best to wait and see both sides. I can see a situation where a Taser might be necessary and several situations where it would be uncalled for.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.