Too Stupid to Manage Finances

JMJ

Well, in a whirlwind of stupid spending, I’ve ended up in a rather awkward financial situation. I am having trouble looking for work, my mother needs to short sale her home before they foreclose on it and there is a tax lien on my own home (not to mention bills and what not). While I am entirely aware that my own problems are unimaginably miniscule in comparison to everyone elses, at barely 20 years of age, I’m little overwhelmed. Please pray for me and my family that we may know how to deal with the situation, as we are at vvery much a loss and I don’t want to lose my house or basic utilities. Please pray for us and I’ll pray for your intentions as well.

Fausto

Hey Fausto,

I’m going to do two things for you:
1.Pray
2. Make sure you know about Dave Ramsey.
He has built an industry on helping people like you. I’m one of his volunteer Church coordinators.
You can learn a lot about what Dave teaches by going to www.daveramsey.com The financial principles he teaches are largely Biblically based.
I can highly recommend his book “Total Money Makeover”, you can find it in your library.
If you go to his site, click on “Financial Peace University” and look in your area for a class, typically held in churches. I would highly recommend taking this class. It’s typically about 100 bucks, but many churches will give it for free or help you out if you ask.
Also, you can catch Dave’s TV show on Fox Business Network on weekday evenings.
Dave’s principles are geared exactly to someone like you, and he has a system of “baby steps” on how to get out of your mess and become financially stable. (This isn’t a get rich quick thing, it’s how to manage your money).
They also talk about Dave pretty regularly on the “Faith and Finances” forum.
You can also hear his radio show on XM/Sirius or some local radio stations.
If you have any private questions or would like some help/guidance, feel free to PM me.
In the meantime, praying for you and your family.

I ask the Lord to guide you in all aspects of your life. I ask Him to help you and your family in managing your lives with wisdom and grace
and that He will help you all in your need.
God bless you and your family

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please bless this person in their financial difficulties. Make Your Will clear for them, and give them consolation in their suffering. Amen.

Praying

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

My dear friend…First of all you are not stupid and please don’t think of yourself as that…Youa and your mom are just one of the millions (including myself) that have been affected by the economy…My husband has pancreatic cancer, I lost my job (still unemployed, no insurance), my 84 year old mom lives with us and we just lost our home (upside down in its value) and had tof ile bankruptcy. We just finished the bankruptcy and are now renting an apartment…Somehow God provides and HE will provide for both of you. I pray that a buyer is found for the house and that the Lender will cooperate in a smooth transaction…We all learn from our mistakes…no matter how young or how old we are (we are in our 50s, 60s)…The first thing I learned was that I was not alone and I do not to this day feel ashamed that we just couldn’t make it right. Stay strong, my friend…and keep praying. Know that I will keep you in my prayers …God will hear you and answer you. Sending a hug your way. Diane:hug1:

Praying very hard for your intention and financial good health!

May the Lord Guide you in all that you do.

Praying the Hail Mary:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.