Took home a portable Host

I went to a service and they served commuion in a little portable container that looks like a coffee creamer package. My father could not attend the service so i took one home to give to him. They were all consecrated. I am hesitant to give it to him because i feel i am giving it ot him "unworthly." But i don't know why.

Is taking this Host at home worthy of damnation?

Were you at a Methodist service? I dont know the rules within your community, but sense you dont believe in the real presense, I dont know why you wouldnt be able to give it to him.

If this was a Catholic Mass you cannot give this to him, because you are not a minister of Holy Communion.

This is just my two-sense,… I could be wrong about the Methodist part.

Well if it was a Methodist service, then of course not. Especially without belief in the Real Prescence, it's just bread, so there's no problem besides the minister maybe getting annoyed with you...

If you're a Methodist at a Catholic mass taking communion from the building... then it seems the answer is yes :( But coffee creamer communion doesn't sound very Catholic to me.:shrug:

[quote="hdog, post:1, topic:181748"]
I went to a service and they served commuion in a little portable container that looks like a coffee creamer package. My father could not attend the service so i took one home to give to him. They were all consecrated. I am hesitant to give it to him because i feel i am giving it ot him "unworthly." But i don't know why.

Is taking this Host at home worthy of damnation?

[/quote]

Catholics would have a huge problem with that. But, Methodists are a different story. I highly doubt communion in plastic cups was Catholic.

-Jeanne

Ha Ha,
I was reading this in my Google reader, and It didn’t say you were methodist, and I was really confused about the whole, portable host thing :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, Its just bread, It might be blessed bread, but its still bread
(do you think someone could post a picture of this portable host, I’m curious)

Nope.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.