tool for understanding Islam I just found

muslimwikipedia.com/mw/index.php/Main_Page

Just thought people could check it out and let me know what they think of it.

Haven’t go through it but this hadith at the main page
caught my attention.

Hadith Sa’eed bin Musayyeb says: Once the Prophet was sitting with his Companions, and one person used insulting words against Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him), causing him pain. But Abu Bakr remained silent. The person again used bitter words against Abu Bakr, and still Abu Bakr did not respond. The third time when this ignorant person hurt Abu Bakr with his tongue, Abu Bakr tried answering back. At this point the Prophet got up. Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) asked him, “Are you displeased with me, O Messenger of Allah?” The Prophet replied, “No, but (when you remained silent) an angel came down from the heaven responding to this man’s talk. But the moment you started replying to that man, the angel went away and the devil sat down. And I cannot sit where the devil is sitting.”

That’s nice. Similar to Christian teaching. You don’t respond to insult and harsh words.

I’m not sure about the devil and the angel thing though. Seems contrary to Islam definition of angel and devil which says the devil was never an angel. But the way it funtions at this hadith, it seems the devil is the evil counterpart of the good angel.

When Islam was in its infancy there were many teachings of peace and good-will. As Muhammed gained power he became more war-like.

One needs to know when he made certain statements.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.