Top 10 Greatest Christmas Singers Of All-time!

TOP 10 GREATEST CHRISTMAS SINGERS OF ALL-TIME!

**1. Bing Crosby

1. Andy Williams

2. Nat King Cole

3. Elvis Presley

4. Frank Sinatra

5. Dean Martin

6. Perry Como

7. Burl Ives

8. Harry Connick, jr.

9. The Carpenters**

Agree or Disagree?
but, I Do Not Think The Top 2 Could Change!

:harp:

Oh my…

I guess that’s why I mostly like instrumental Christmas music.

Don’t get me wrong: I love lounge and mellow jazz, but not at Christmas. Some of the secular ‘holiday’ songs are decent, but most just make me sad.

The only vocal Christmas albums I have are Operatic-- Pavarotti [and the 3 tenors], Jessye Norman, etc.

Oh, and some chant, of course…

1. Gene Autry

2. Andrew Sisters

:hmmm:

I’m Surprised Nobody’s Re-Done The Top 10 List!

And Everybody Agrees With The Order!

THAT"S COOL!!!

• ~ :snowing: ~ *

You didn’t list Michael Buble

You forgot the Vienna Boys Choir and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Loreena McKennitt

I’m upset. you guys forgot JOHNNY MATHIS.
i listen to his album every year. It’s so beautiful.

What? No Women Singers in the top ten?!

Diana Krall’s Christmas Songs CD should be everyone’s top ten list.

Other women singers who have made memorable albums or singles: Peggy Lee, Brenda Lee, Rosemary Clooney, Beverly Sills, Julie Andrews, Mahalia Jackson, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Mary Cleere Haren, Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, Joan Baez, Dinah Shore and the list goes on.

sing we noel sing we joyously noel joyously sing of the news we have to tell :slight_smile:
that is a good album

but as for the best christmas singer… Elvis by far :slight_smile:

Oh Yes There Is! ~ Karen Carpenter! :slight_smile:

Mea Maxima Culpa!

haha so I read this thread title, think it says christian, compile my list and everything. Then I glanced at the subject line and realized that it says CHRISTMAS. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mel Torme

I would say that some of the choral music of Christmas by excellent groups should be on the list.

I’ll pass by the Lawrence Welk album, even though I kind of like it in a khitchy way.

One of my favorite recent Christmas albums is with Judy Roberts and Jackie Allen.

Robert Goulet used to sing “Panis Angelicus” beautifully.

Bob Rivers:

There’s Something Stuck Up in the Chimney
The 12 Pains of Christmas
O Little Town of Bethlehem (sung to the tune of The House of the Rising Sun)

SO FAR BING IS WAY OUT IN FRONT!

My parents have box set of Lawrence Welk Christmas records that we always listened to at Christmas. I found the exact same set at a thrift store and bought it for myself. I absolutely love it -I think it’s the memories. I’m in my 30’s and my friends don’t get my whole Lawrence Welk thing.
My two favorite Christmas singers are #1 Bing Crosby & #2 Nat King Cole

Ed Ames

I love the list, ah memories… I also used to love John Denvers Christmas album as a kid.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.