Top 20 Unfortunate Lessons Girls Learn From ‘Twilight’

bspcn.com/2009/11/25/top-20-unfortunate-lessons-girls-learn-from-twilight/

Another advance in the educating and bringing to maturity of our youth :thumbsup:

My DD says "wow that's amazing":rolleyes::rolleyes:i don't think they'll let me put enough emicons to portray the sacrasm.

I just read the article…that’s five minutes of my life that I’ll never get back.

“Whenever a woman criticizes a man’s lust, aggression, shallowness or any other lesser angel of his personality, the quick-witted fellow can point to the millions of women addicted to the base, insipid, bad-boy-worshiping, misogynist syrup so many female viewers of all ages knelt to this past weekend. . .” Hey, but lust, aggression, shallowness, bad-boy worship, and misogynist syrup is where the money is!

I agree that any female over the age 18 who reads these books (and enjoys them) should immediately surrender her woman-card. ;)

Okay, before I get lynched by a mob of Twilight fan-girls...I'm JUST KIDDING!!!

(or maybe not entirely)

Where is the 'puke' smilie?

What I want to know is, what does it say about us as a culture when our biggest pop heroes are blood-sucking parasitic corpses?

Since when are our biggest pop heroes members of Congress? :confused:

:rotfl:
:bowdown:

Lucky for my monitor I was not drinking anything when I read this. :thumbsup:

I haven’t read the books in question so I can’t comment on them.

#21) It’s romantic, not creepy and stalker-ish, if a boy sneaks in through your window and watches you while you sleep “to protect you.”

#22) Through melodrama comes an enduring, stable relationship.

#23) It is perfectly acceptable to risk your personhood, dreams and potentially your soul if you have feelings for someone.

Ok, just as a note. I am a 19-year-old female, I read all the books about a year ago. While I admit that they are catchy (addictive plot-line) they are garbage literature that represents a terribly flawed moral calculus. For those of you that haven’t read them, imagine the addictive quality of Harry Potter minus any literary value whatsoever. They are fine for a break from decent literature when your mind just needs to re-boot but should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

Why don’t girls nowadays go crazy for Jane Austen? Now THERE are some good love stories.

I actually started reading some Jane Austen last year–books that I was supposed to have read during various English Lit courses but didn’t.

But I will suppose that there will always be a place for trashy lit just for relaxation, provided you don’t take it seriously, and not let any flawed moral premises infect one’s own worldview.

[quote="AdriannaJean, post:11, topic:177732"]

21) It's romantic, not creepy and stalker-ish, if a boy sneaks in through your window and watches you while you sleep "to protect you."

22) Through melodrama comes an enduring, stable relationship.

23) It is perfectly acceptable to risk your personhood, dreams and potentially your soul if you have feelings for someone.

[/quote]

She's obsessive, he's possessive. But possessiveness is mistaken for protectiveness, as it sometimes is in real life.

[quote="JimG, post:14, topic:177732"]
But possessiveness is mistaken for protectiveness, as it sometimes is in real life.

[/quote]

But the restraining order usually gets pretty specific about it.

[quote="SamH, post:15, topic:177732"]
But the restraining order usually gets pretty specific about it.

[/quote]

Sounds like a great plot line for the next book or movie!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.