Top 50 Christians per The Church Report

Of the top 50 Christians ranked by The Church Report, our Pope Benedict XVI came in # 44. Of course, he was also the only non-American on the list.

See for yourself who made the list.

thechurchreport.com/content/view/823/32

Whoa, we beat out Dr. Phil! :bowdown:

It’s amazing that the Holy Father even made that list–a good sign that the anti-Catholic bias in Evangelical America is starting to dissipate?

[quote=Neithan]Whoa, we beat out Dr. Phil! :bowdown:

It’s amazing that the Holy Father even made that list–a good sign that the anti-Catholic bias in Evangelical America is starting to dissipate?
[/quote]

I don’t know…when Benny Hinn, Paula White, etc. make the cut above Pope Benedict, I gotta wonder…But, I guess if they are using ‘Influential’ as their guide, as the article title says, I can see their point, and I guess you’re right that it’s amazing the Pope even made the list.

I just can’t tolerate Paula White or Joyce Meyer for more than about 30 seconds, but I know their followings have grown tremendously this past year.

First Catholic comes in at 44. Does anyone really think Sean Hannity is a more influential Christian than the Pope? The list was nonsense but quite frankly I am suprised any Catholics made it at all.

It’s got an ad for Left Behind at the bottom…

Ugh.

quick question.
how do people from other churches get the rank of bishop?
esp the random evangelicals or bapstists?
i know its not like our bishops but is there rhyme or reason to it?

[quote=Neithan]It’s amazing that the Holy Father even made that list–a good sign that the anti-Catholic bias in Evangelical America is starting to dissipate?
[/quote]

Or maybe they just ran out of Christians to put on the list? I am surprised Joel Osteen did so well on the list. For a moment I thought it was a report similar to the Fortune 500.

The list only charts influential Christians according to the readers of the magazine.

I’m guessing this particular one isn’t read by the majority of Catholics. Pope Benedict XVI probably doesn’t influence the majority of Protestants much.

Personally I’m more sad seeing Joel Osteen at no.2. Oh well.

Why was Dr. Phil on there? He doesn’t strike me as the one to get people to (any) church. :confused:

bahahahahaha
stuff like that makes me laugh.
At least they admitted he’s the 265th Pope :slight_smile:

[quote=Mordocai]bahahahahaha
stuff like that makes me laugh.
At least they admitted he’s the 265th Pope :slight_smile:
[/quote]

after they see your post, look for their retraction

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_45.gif…but, can any of them sing??

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.