Top ten Catholic "places"

One place my family went on vacation was to Quebec province in Canada. We saw some beautiful churches in Ottawa and Quebec city. Also, just a few miles to the northeast of the city of Quebec is a small town called St. Anne de Beaupre. There is a shrine there to St. Anne. It is so spectacular, and miracles of healing still happen there. I loved the place.

0 Likes

Thank you. I was going to cite the same places, but being from Rome I did not want to be accused of being biased. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

0 Likes

Places of significance to Catholics in Australia? Many of Australia’s Catholics would tell you there weren’t any. :rolleyes:

I can think of one or two though …

1. the glorious St Mary’s Cathedral-Basilica-Shrine in Sydney (dedicated to Our Lady Help of Christians). I go to Mass there pretty often and never get sick of it

2. Blessed Mary Mackillop’s tomb in North Sydney - she’s Australia’s only beato, may she be sainted soon!

3. New Norcia in WA, a community founded by a fearless and intrepid bunch of pioneering Spanish Benedictines roughly 150 years ago.

0 Likes

And the beautiful Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Mobile :slight_smile:

0 Likes

What about:
Our Lady of Walsingham, Norfolk, England
Medjugorje, Bosnia in Hercegovina
Knock, Eire

0 Likes

The top Catholic place, hands down, is…

Heaven.

0 Likes

Always wanted to go to Calvary. Fatima and Lourdes have special meaning without a doubt. There are many in the Holy Land.

0 Likes

Assisi. I spent a week there and I could have spent a few more.

0 Likes

closed #29
0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.