Top Trump Organization official Weisselberg granted immunity in Cohen investigation

Washington (CNN)A top figure in President Donald Trump’s orbit has been granted immunity in the investigation into hush money payments made to two women who alleged they had affairs with Trump, a source familiar with the matter told CNN Friday.

Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg was granted immunity by federal prosecutors for providing information about Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen. The Wall Street Journal first reported the development.

:flushed:
:flushed:

(Ten…)

Those darn flippers! I’m frequently puzzled by Trump’s comments (covive - or whatever?), but when he started complaining about “flippers,” at first I thought he was referring to “outlawing” house flippers… Absolutely nothing would surprise me at this point.

Granted Mueller was appointed to remove Trump from office, but granting immunity to this fellow might not do it by criminalizing Trump. Could be that taking a romp through Trump’s financial dealings and leaking anything salacious for the mid-term election might really be the purpose of this particular action.

They are out to get Trump one way or another.

The US Federal Court in New York Southern District runs independently of Mueller.

Remember Flipper?

I don’t much doubt the court does. But I certainly don’t believe the DOJ office or the FBI there does.

The court there is unethical and biased. The Twitter ruling concerning Trump shows that. Even if independent they are still corrupt.

Who knows what it will do, given that Michael Cohen was a VP with the Trump Organization for the last ten or twelve years.

Cohen is a sleazebag – one only need to read about his involvement in the taxi business to know that.

And he was a ranking executive with the Trump Organization. Good chance he was involved in sleaze there too. That’s the kind of guy he is.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.