Torchlight II is now up for pre-order on Steam

…and includes the original Torchlight as a pre-order bonus.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

This caught my eye when I saw it on Steam last night. Apparently it’s made by the same team who made Diablo I & II, and having enjoyed much of the gameplay of Diablo II, yet having quite the distaste for its excessive graphic violence and heavy occult themes, this appears to be a lot more Christian-friendly.

Anyone have any experience with Torchlight? Thoughts? Opinions?

Torchlight was the latest game I finished, and I really enjoyed it. It’s one of those games I can see myself coming back to again and again. I’m very much looking forward to Torchlight II (but DRM free if possible). It doesn’t really have occult themes, it’s more of a steampunk fantasy setting with a somewhat graphic-novel-illustrated style to the graphics. The game is as violent as any other point-and-click RPG in that it involves pitting the player against hordes of monsters, but the violence is not graphic or gratuitous. I have Diablo I and II, but I prefer this game. It does quite a number of things right, and I like being able to have a ferret as a pet in the game. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.