Tornado at the Rose Bowl

youtube.com/watch?v=BGhqlJnFIXU

http://wfla.images.worldnow.com/images/6338940_G.jpg

Yes, a tornado hit the Rose Bowl (parking lot … caught on video here).

Perhaps it was “the most in tents” one in history. :ouch::doh2::blushing:

No one looked to be hurt. Many frightened. You can see the stadium in the background (in the video, not this pic).

Happy New Year!

(Like overblown coverage of our occasional earthquakes that harm no one, or mudslides, fires, and “droughts” – some of this “bad California” news may be put out there to keep the whole world from moving here – which a lot of people want to do each year when viewing the Rose Bowl. There the beautiful So. Cal weather is on display in January while one can still look at the snow-capped mountains from a distance). :wink: Lol.

hate to tell you, but we hope to head out there soon. how’s your neighborhood?:stuck_out_tongue:

Sunny, pleasantly cool … the usual perfect So. Cal weather.

I don’t care if “out of staters” come here to live. :slight_smile:

In fact, this “tornado” might be the biggest drawback to moving here lately.

As for the drought … it’s rained here a few times lately.

I find I need new windshield wipers.

Per global warming - my cold feet in January tell me that maybe the Pope’s concern was all we needed. Problem solved. :dancing: On to the more spiritual problems now (as is traditional per “New Years’ Resolutions”).

Hope you have a ***great time ***bisco! By the way … is it to see the game or the parade? Or both? :eek: [size=]Or the tornado “damage?”

Seminoles or Ducks for you?
[/size]
:smiley:

no, i’m hoping to retire out there. it’s either california, arizona or florida, and i don’t want to be in florida all summer. plus, cali’s more interesting.:wink:

Bring your retirement fund and your own shopping bags. The state government has ordered their discontinued use as of July 1, 2015 and we have the highest taxes and utility rates around; gas is still around $2.50.

same here, 2500 foot cape, 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, assessed at a million dollars and property taxes are $12,000./year. gas is 2.50 here as well. and for all that, it was 14 degrees last night, we get to shovel snow all winter and rake leaves all fall.:stuck_out_tongue:

By the looks of things, that tornado was probably just the after effects of the Ducks arriving at the stadium.

Florida can attest for as much.

HA! You beat me to it! :wink:

No undefeated teams left now.

Just five one loss teams. Four soon, after the Alabama - Ohio State game concludes.

Oregon

Alabama and Ohio State

Texas Christian

Marshall.

Meanwhile there hasn’t been a tornado in Southern California … all year! :ouch::doh2::whistle:

That was not a tornado in the accepted sense. It was a DUSTDEVIL or WHIRLWIND.

I saw one once. I was driving past a baseball field and I could see the sand rotating. In the rose bowl, since there was no sand or dust to kick up all you could see was flying objects.

I must say that was the 1st and only time I have seen a Dustdevil and that was 30 some years ago.

You want to see some WILD tornadoes, search Tornadoes on the Sun, Talk about massive, some are 8-10 thousand feet high.

Thats what I would call a summer breeze. Come to tornado alley. We’ll show you what a real tornado is like :smiley:

With the bowl games being so competitive, it is only a matter of time before one of them has a real tornado for a half time show. The Sugar Bowl or any of the Florida games are always in the running.

I saw a real tornado in central Illinois (Quincy) in 1970. Like the idiots we were then, we watched it from between the library and the administration building. It passed just north of town and tore up some nice corn fields. No one was hurt, but that is as close as I ever want to be.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.