Total Consecration On Feast of Mother of God--January 1

Just a reminder to those who might want to make their complete consecration of themselves to Jesus through Mary, using the Preparation Booklet of the Montfort Fathers/Missionaries–or using the book 33 Days to Morning Glory.

If one starts on Tuesday (Nov 29), they can end during the joyous days of Christmas, specifically on January 1, the Solemnity of the Holy Mother of God. What a great day to fully enter into the sweet, easy, and sure way to Jesus through Our Immaculate Mother, Mary.

I’m a very weak person, so this spirituality of dependence on Mary–so well-regarded by the Papacy-- is perfect for me. I made my consecration a couple of years ago on the feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary (Sept 12).

I learned about the power of Mary’s name using the book the Glories of Mary by the Doctor of the Church, St. Alphonsus Liguori. The book True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis is also my constant companion.

I’ve also used the more recent and accessible book 33 Days to Morning Glory, which is excellent, and draws on the teachings of St. Louis DeMontfort, St. Mother Teresa, St. John Paul II, and St. Maximillian Kolbe.

33 Days is the book most people use today.

Thank God for our Lady!

Yes! Thank God for our Lady…she is such a special gift to us.

Amen. St. Alphonsus and other saints say that calling on her name is the breath of our soul. I find that that is so true. If I don’t call on her name, my soul quickly becomes dark. Then I call on her and I am strengthened.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.