Total meltdown

Well! Today I totally lost my marbles at work. Long story, but I am stressed to the breaking point in a job I’m not cut out for to begin with. After the marble-losing, I ended up sobbing for thirty minutes in a room with my manager.

She’s cool about it and I think the matter will end there, but a) I feel horrified and ridiculous and b) nothing’s changed, except I feel purged by all those tears.

I’m trapped in this position for the forseeable future, so I need to be able to function even though I’m totally round peg/square hole here.

This is one of those times I ***really ***dislike being unmarried and without parents, because if I had any other options I’d take them! Since I have no options (other than possibly getting my psychiatrist to sign me off on FMLA, but I don’t think he will), I have to soldier on.

Please pray for me. Thank you.

Peace,

Francesca

You are in my prayers.

Please be patient with yourself and when all seems lost, curl up in a blanket in a big easy chair, picture yourself sitting on God’s great lap and enfolded in his big robes, cry all you want to and just ask Him to “Not let Go” of you.

Then just try to take it one day/hour at a time

It worked for me :slight_smile:

Peace
James

Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, Our Life, Our Sweetness and Our Hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve,
To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate, Thine eyes of Mercy upon us, and after this our exile,
Show unto us the Blessed Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. O Clement, O Loving, O Sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen!

Listen to some Gregorian chant music, or have the rosary being sung, or litany of saints, or divine mercy, and just have it playing in your car, at home, whenever. It helps me a lot! I am very sorry for your stress and sadness, I was there a few months back and it was horrible. God helped me out by giving me a purpose! He’ll find a way for you, and it’s never what you’d expect :wink:

Thanks. :slight_smile: That made me tear up again, but in a good way. I’m making some tea right now and I think I will take it to the couch with a blanket and do as you suggest!

Dear Francesca,

Please know that you are not alone. I understand how you feel. Rush to the arms of God as He will always hold you and listen. God Bless You.

HAIL HOLY QUEEN

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning, and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

(V) Pray for us O holy Mother of God. ® That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Amen.

The Salve Regina is one of my very favorite prayers! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your prayers and kind words. I have a sung Divine Mercy on my iPod; going to go dig that out of my purse before I go to bed. Actually it’s just the length of my commute, as well, so I should take the CD in the morning, before yet another day, I think!

Sometimes I think my expectations of life were too high; then again, it’s not like I wanted to be wealthy or have a high position, just to make a living and have it not be quite so painful. In any case, I do pray that I will see my way clear to a less professionally angst-ridden existence!

Thanks again,

Francesca

Thank you. I’m sorry that you know how I feel – but it’s comforting to know I’m not the only one. Actually, I work with some folks who also feel like I do. It’s been tough all round for awhile now!

Peace,
F

I’m glad if it helps. I discovered it in quite the dramatic way. My wife, who has alzheimers, had to go into the hospital last January with severe behavoral issues which ad been getting progressively worse over many months. I was beyond the end of my rope and had only God’s robe to hang on to. As I was driving home from the hospital that day, it was the ONLY prayer I could think of. “Dear God just don’t let go of me.” When I got home I curled by 6 foot tall frame into the recliner and just bawled like a baby, repeating that prayer. I was amazed at how much relief I felt and how comfortable God’s “Lap” really is.
So you can see why, when I read your post, I thought of "The Father’s Lap.
I think the idea of some good music is great as well.

Peace
James

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with you
Blessed are you amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death,
Amen.

Don’t let go to God.
-Jeanne

Hugs and prayers, Francesca

Any of us would take you out for coffee. I would.
:coffee::coffee:

I ask your Angel to see what ‘he’ can do to help.

Love, Trishie

Thanks, Trishie. :slight_smile: Let’s see, I can get to Australia by… Wednesday our time/Thursday yours? LOL.

I just went over to Monster.com and browsed for jobs in the city I live in. There actually was a long-term temp position advertised asking for an experienced [what I do for a living]. (I know, I’m being vague for now!) So I applied. I could pretty much *walk *there, even.

Hopefully I will at least get an interview! But in any case, it gave me a little hope that there’s something out there.

Meanwhile I am taking everyone’s suggestions, and feeling better.

Peace,
Francesca

Thank you for your prayers. Right now I’m hanging onto God with all my might!

Francesca

Praying for your peace of mind, Francesca …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

We’ve all been there Francesca…whether job, family, relatives. Put things into perspective; many do not have jobs that wish they did; you may look for another job while still earning income so much of the pressure is off; finally, be thankful for what God has blessed you with…just look around and realize what you have now…God Bless

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Oh my goodness. That’s heartbreaking. I am so glad that you found comfort that day.

I read of a prayer…not really technique, but…for lack of a better word, technique, for imaginging yourself falling asleep in the palm of God’s hand. As I often have anxiety dreams and wake up with panic attacks, I find this is also very comforting.

Last night, after two sung Divine Mercy chaplets followed by some Taize tracks, that’s how I went to sleep!

I will keep you in my prayers. Thank you for your suggestions and sharing your experience.

Peace,

Francesca

I know! You make valid points, and I am keenly aware that many people in the world – even in my zip code, I’m sure – would gladly trade for my job and my life.

OTOH, this situation has really gotten out of control. We’d be here all night if I gave you the whole story. :stuck_out_tongue: But suffice to say that some folks have quit without new jobs to go to, and with no spouses to help support them, in this economy, just because it was too much for them – and they weren’t the flighty type, either. Even my family, who are often of the “any job is a good job simply by virtue of being a job” mindset, are horrified by this place and wish they knew of some avenue of escape for me.

So, I don’t discount that I can be whiny and hypersensitive (I can!). And I know that the fact that I have a job that actually pays fairly well is a big blessing. It’s just that I’m not sure how much more of this situation I can take. But I’m trying! And all y’all’s prayers and kind words are making it easier. Thank you!

Peace,
Francesca

Jesus please help those who have left what seems to be a toxic work-place.
Please give Francesca the detachment and strength that she needs to get through until she finds other work.
Preferably, if possible, please free the work-place of all that is oppressive and harmful, and help it to become a wholesome place for employees to spend their working hours.
Thank You, Jesus

Thank you all again for your prayers and support. Today had a wobbly bit in the afternoon, but was overall better.

Tonight I went to Confession and Mass, and I feel better for that. Now I’m going to do some more job-hunting and then relax. I have a kit for knitted Christmas ornaments and I’d like to start that, but I seem to have strained the muscles in my left hand, so tonight will be just reading/hot bath/early to bed!

Thanks again everyone!

Peace,
Francesca

Thank you (on behalf of my beleagured co-workers, too). I pray a version of this regularly as well. We perform valuable services, and it *could *be a good place to work! Miracles do happen.

Peace,
Francesca

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.