Tough-Talking Obama Aims to Reverse Poll Slide

[quote="Beau_Ouiville, post:20, topic:201302"]
The moderator says not to digress -- I'm not going to get in a discussion about irrelevant allegations. As stated, I just hate blanket, unverified statements.

You wanna allege the president lied? Start a thread.

[/quote]

You asked the question-now you want it off topic

I read the list. Lots of campaign promises and such. He kept some, didn't keep others, is working on the rest. So? Obama promised more than he could deliver. That would be a first....

I was looking for something on the level of "we're going to war in Iraq because we have overwhelming evidence that Sadaam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction" but didn't see anything nearly that big.

[quote="estesbob, post:21, topic:201302"]
You asked the question-now you want it off topic

[/quote]

No, I don't want throw-out, unverified allegations. You posted something and I'm not going to hijack the thread to discuss it.

Check forum rules.

Previously, on this thread...

Apparently, the rules only apply to others.... More hijacking and righteous indignation about hijacking from you to come in future threads, I'm sure.... :p

A very minor observation, but essentially on-topic.

Has anyone else ever noticed that some people cuss well and some don't? It just doesn't fit some people. Some just don't know how to use it. Some are practically artists at it.

Hungarians, I am told, are the world's best at obscenity and scatology. I don't understand Hungarian, so I couldn't say. Of all the world's people, English speakers are said to be the most adept at the artistic use of swearing.

I consider obscentity, scatology and swearing all to be subparts of the more generic "cussing", and will use the word with that meaning in this post.

Harry Truman could cuss well. He really could, and anybody would have to admit it. Lyndon Johnson was earthier than one would always prefer, but he knew how to cuss and did right by it.

Richard Nixon cussing was like fingernails on a chalkboard. It was just awful coming from him. It was clear he didn't know how to do it, and it sounded phony when he did.

Never heard Clinton cuss, but he most likely knew how.

Barack Obama really should never cuss. It doesn't fit him at all. He's just not an earthy guy to start with, and this particular usage was inept. It was like Fred Astaire suddenly uttering the "F-bomb" in the middle of a dance number. It just doesn't work.

Listen up!!!!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:25, topic:201302"]

Has anyone else ever noticed that some people cuss well and some don't? It just doesn't fit some people. Some just don't know how to use it. Some are practically artists at it.

[/quote]

lol, I haven't heard the word "cuss" in years!

I agree, Obama is too cerebral to cuss. He has a too good grasp of the English language to pull that off. I don't think "kick *ss" is that bad in the setting Obama used it. I doubt he would used it in polite company. Unlike Biden. His cussing underlined what a moron he is.

I personally find Biden's vulgarity distasteful.

Reminds me of the famous look-tough-on-defense Dukakis tank/helmet photos that backfired on him.

digitaljournalist.org/issue0309/lm10.html

[quote="qui_est_ce, post:27, topic:201302"]
lol, I haven't heard the word "cuss" in years!

I agree, Obama is too cerebral to cuss. He has a too good grasp of the English language to pull that off. I don't think "kick *ss" is that bad in the setting Obama used it. I doubt he would used it in polite company. Unlike Biden. His cussing underlined what a moron he is.

I personally find Biden's vulgarity distasteful.

[/quote]

Oh, qui est-ce, I am from the Ozarks, and "cussing" in the Ozarks is considered a fine art. :blush: What an embarrassment it is to see someone do it poorly. If, in a conversation, it isn't truly amusing or exactly the right word, making exactly the right punctuation in exactly the right place, it's abysmal to hear.

I remember, as a teenager, we even had poorly-turned cussword expressions or phrases simply as illustrations of how NOT to do it well, and would say them as follow-on to someone who couldn't do it right. Probably we didn't have enough to do.

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:29, topic:201302"]
Oh, qui est-ce, I am from the Ozarks, and "cussing" in the Ozarks is considered a fine art. :blush:

[/quote]

Ozarks=>Hicks. You probably pronounce Missouree Missourah.:D

[quote="qui_est_ce, post:30, topic:201302"]
Ozarks=>Hicks. You probably pronounce Missouree Missourah.:D

[/quote]

Nooooooooo. Only a Central Missourian says "Missourah". I'm about as far south as you can get and still be in the state. We don't say that. We say "M'zouri" or sometimes just "M'zer' if we're in a hurry. Since cussing is the subject, we also pronounce the word for the nether regions as "hay-ull". I won't tell you how we pronounce the Anglo-Saxon word for "manure", but we do pronounce it with two syllables as well. Why we cut syllables out of some words and add them to others is something I can't explain. :shrug:

It adds a certain musicality, I suppose. :)

And if you traveled the circuit from Springfield (Sprangfill') to Fayetteville ("Fetvull") and got to know some folks, you wouldn't think we're such hicks. We only sound like it. ;)

Have a nice evening.:thumbsup:

[quote="Beau_Ouiville, post:4, topic:201302"]
Easily said. State some lies and misconceptions.

[/quote]

"1 to 2 brigades per month"

[quote="Beau_Ouiville, post:4, topic:201302"]
Easily said. State some lies and misconceptions.

[/quote]

1. He said he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making under 250K. He raised cigarette taxes, and people under 250K buy them. When we are forced to buy insurance under his reform, that will also be a tax increase.

2. He said he wouldn't force people, particularly young people who don't need it, to buy health insurance. He made it a point of distinction between himself and Hillary. Now he's reversed himself with the health care bill. I saw his explanation on this reversal, but there is no new information available today that wasn't available when he was running to change his mind.

3. He said Guantanamo would be closed by January. It's now June and there's no end in sight.

4. He said we'd pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan. How's that coming?

Another president. Another lie.
That's four definitive lemons, and the actual list is much longer. Transparency anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnInTexas

He's going to get us all "organized."

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You.
Love, Dawn

[quote="Bob_Aliano, post:11, topic:201302"]
I don't know if I should take you seriously or not!

If you mean organized in the sense we have to beg the government at some level for everything we need or want, we're well on our way. If you mean we turn over all our income to have it redistrubted "fairly", we're well on our way and are about to pay more in taxes than we keep. If you mean the government organizes and controls the media at all levels, they're working on it. If you mean the government tells us rather than asks us about critical domestic policy changes such as medical care and banking, we're there!

I truly feel sorry for our children over the legacy we're leaving them.

[/quote]

Lol! I'm being facetious. I do not believe Obama is qualified (or quantified) to be President.

He's a Community Organizer. Years ago, in my youth, we met with those guys-when I was the Chapter Leader of the Guardian Angels (think Curtis Sliwa)-in Columbus, Ohio. The ACORN people too. I know who they are, what they're like, and what they do.

Not President material. Not by a long-shot.
With no military experience-not qualified (or quantified) to be Commander-In-Chief.

"Community organizers."

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You.
Love, Dawn

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.