Saw an interesting article that talks about how there’s starting to be more cases of TSS again. I figured the women and moms here should know about this reemergence.
Time passes; a new generation of young women grows up. What was once a major story fades away.
Do we systematically teach adolescent girls/young women about toxic shock syndrome? About what causes it? About how to prevent/avoid the problem?
This isn’t rocket science…but it depends on knowledge. If women have no idea that bacterial growth can be a problem – because nobody has taught them that! – then they have no reason not to go for the longest-lasting, most absorbent product on the market. And fine print on a box somewhere isn’t “teaching,” it’s CYA legalese.
Talk to your daughters. If you’ve educated them generally, they should have enough knowledge of biology to understand about bacteria and bacterial toxins.