Traditional Catholic Sermons

Here is a list of sites which have Traditional Catholic Sermons for your listening pleasure:

** voiceofcatholicradio.com/ **

** sensustraditionis.org/multimedia.html

audiosancto.org/

bvmacademy.org/audio-sermons.php

traditionalcatholicism.org/

dc.ferrelli.cc/TCR/TCR.php

traditionalcatholicmedia.org/**

There are more sermons here:

** traditionalcatholicsermons.org/ **

But I believe most of the sermons on this last link are by sedevacantists, so check them out first. That said, any sermons on spiritual topics are probably still OK.

Approach these sites with caution:

voiceofcatholicradio.com/ — Seems to be affiliated with an SSPX chapel.

sensustraditionis.org/multimedia.html —Has a link arguing that the Extraordinary Form is more pleasing to God than the Ordinary Form; this goes strictly against the teaching of Benedict XVI.

bvmacademy.org/audio-sermons.php–From an SSPX chapel.

Am I in the Twilight Zone? We have a member of the Orthodox sect - both a heretic and a schismatic - warning against the SSPX?

bpbasilphx, I have a few questions for you:

1.) Do you accept the Papal Primacy and the Infallibility of the Pope?

2.) Do you accept the Immaculate Conception, as it was defined by the Pope?

3.) Do you accept all of the decrees of the General Councils of the Church that have been ratified by the Pope? Or do you only accept the first 7 Councils?

4.) Do you accept divorce and remarriage unders some circumstances?

5.) Do you claim to be a Bishop of the heretical and schismatic sect known as the Orthodox?

Voice of Catholic radio is supportive of the SSPX and they have some wonderful sermons. BVM Academy is an SSPX school/chapel and they also have great sermons. The SSPX does not teach and never has taught heresy so there is no problem there. The accusation of heresy has never been one they were accused of. That is more than can be said for others who claim to be Catholic.

In addition, Rome would not have lifted the excommunications on the SSPX if they did teach heresy. Oh yeah, let’s not forget that it is OK to attend Mass with the SSPX. Regardless of any stipulations one wants to put out - the bottom line is the same - it is OK to attend Mass there.

For those who like to bash the SSPX just because… why not check them out to see what they really say, instead of making it up. Those who are looking for GOOD spiritual direction will not be disappointed.

Sensustraditionis is run by an FSSP priest, Fr. Ripperger. If you have a problem with the truth of the Catholic Faith as always taught, you will have a problem with him. If you want the true Faith as always taught, you will be happy to have found Fr. Ripperger.

As for the OF and the EF - seems that the average OF as celebrated in the US today is far from what Benedict XVI wants. See here : Benedict XVI’s “Novel” Traditions. There have been a number of other similar articles lately. Seems the Pope is trying to reign in the OF and make it more acceptable. Those who argue that the OF is pleasing as it is are working against the Pope.

He really knows about Catholicism though. And the Zoghby initiative, on his signature, is when an Eastern Catholic priest (in communion with Rome) worked to establish communion as well with the Orthodox, in a step toward Orthodox-Catholic unity.

We need people like this, because the Orthodox has apostolicity as well, and their communion is valid, but illicit, in the eyes of Rome. For example, if we’re in rural Russia somewhere we are allowed to attend an Orthodox liturgy as long as the priest gives us the ok.

He may know Catholicism, but does he accept it and all that it teaches? If not, his knowledge only make him that much more guilty of heresy.

[quote=] And the Zoghby initiative, on his signature, is when an Eastern Catholic priest (in communion with Rome) worked to establish communion as well with the Orthodox, in a step toward Orthodox-Catholic unity.
[/quote]

Is he in communion with Rome? If so, why does he call himself an Orthodox? And why is he objecting to the addition of the filioque when, according to the Council of Florence (which Catholics are bound to believe) it was added licitly and reasonably?

Unity is founded on the same faith. There can be no Christian unity with those who reject dogmas revealed by God, since those who reject what Christ taught are, by definition, not part of the Church - they are heretics.

[quote=] We need people like this, because the Orthodox has apostolicity as well, and their communion is valid, but illicit, in the eyes of Rome. For example, if we’re in rural Russia somewhere we are allowed to attend an Orthodox liturgy as long as the priest gives us the ok.
[/quote]

It doesn’t matter if they have apostolic succession. What heresy in the first 1000 years didn’t? What you may not understand is that Orthodox are heretics and schismatics; and it id de fide that all heretics and schismatics will go to hell, unless before death they enter into the Catholic Church.

We all desire unity, but the way this is achieved is by those outside the Church (the Orthodox, for example) renouncing all of their errors and returning to the Roman Catholic Church, outside of which is no salvation. That is the only way for a true unity to be achieved. Any pretended unity with a group who does not accept all of the Divinely revealed truths is a false unity.

But my reason for even posting in this thread is because a self professed Orthodox (a heretic and schismatic) was warning about sermons given by the SSPX and FSSP.

For an Orthodox to warn Catholics about the SSPX is similar to a member of a nudist colony warning other members of his community that they should not go into the next town because people are dressing immodestly.

He is one of the good guys. He’s probably forgotten more about my Catholic religion than I will ever learn. Those posts of his that I have read have been very clear about where his information comes from, so I doubt he would confuse anyone between Catholic and Orthodox. And he has been very supporitve and helpful to me and some others in the past,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.