Traditional Catholic Universities where I can get a Bachelors in Sacred Theology?

As usual, I typically think about important major events pretty early. Well, I am a sophomore in high school and I never think anytime to think about something is too early, especially college.

Anyways, I have thought of becoming a doctor, specifically an epidemiologist or a pathologist. I have also thought of entering the seminary, and I have thought of getting a doctorate in Sacred Theology and becoming a permanent deacon who is married.

Well, to make life easier and so I can be a bit of the polymath I am, I figured I could possibly earn a doctorate in Sacred Theology and an undergraduate degree in Philosophy. Then I would head back to school for a Bachelors in Sacred Theology and then I would continue my life as an epidemiologist and in my spare, that is if there is any, I would do almost a Father Barron or Michael Voris type vlog where I would discuss current issues in the Church or simply have little lessons about theology.

Anyways, as you can tell, I have big aspirations and most likely it will change a bit over my high school years. Despite the most likely change that will occur over the years, I am sure I will at the least, earn a degree in one of those fields.

If anyone can specify which colleges or universities, preferably in the States offer a course in Sacred Theology? The school needs to be good, traditional and Catholic. It cannot be a Catholic University that simply labels itself Catholic while it has gay pride groups walking around campus that are supported by the school. A Latin Mass community in its relative area would be preferable too...

Oh, and also, is the University of Notre Dame a good Catholic college that holds true to the faith and does not have anything questionable like having gay pride groups or anything that would be against the teachings of the Church?

Thanks for any advice and excuse any mistakes in writing, as I am very tired this evening :)

God bless.

[quote="CuriousAlan, post:1, topic:337592"]
As usual, I typically think about important major events pretty early. Well, I am a sophomore in high school and I never think anytime to think about something is too early, especially college.

Anyways, I have thought of becoming a doctor, specifically an epidemiologist or a pathologist. I have also thought of entering the seminary, and I have thought of getting a doctorate in Sacred Theology and becoming a permanent deacon who is married.

Well, to make life easier and so I can be a bit of the polymath I am, I figured I could possibly earn a doctorate in Sacred Theology and an undergraduate degree in Philosophy. Then I would head back to school for a Bachelors in Sacred Theology and then I would continue my life as an epidemiologist and in my spare, that is if there is any, I would do almost a Father Barron or Michael Voris type vlog where I would discuss current issues in the Church or simply have little lessons about theology.

Anyways, as you can tell, I have big aspirations and most likely it will change a bit over my high school years. Despite the most likely change that will occur over the years, I am sure I will at the least, earn a degree in one of those fields.

If anyone can specify which colleges or universities, preferably in the States offer a course in Sacred Theology? The school needs to be good, traditional and Catholic. It cannot be a Catholic University that simply labels itself Catholic while it has gay pride groups walking around campus that are supported by the school. A Latin Mass community in its relative area would be preferable too...

Oh, and also, is the University of Notre Dame a good Catholic college that holds true to the faith and does not have anything questionable like having gay pride groups or anything that would be against the teachings of the Church?

Thanks for any advice and excuse any mistakes in writing, as I am very tired this evening :)

God bless.

[/quote]

The Bachelor of Sacred Theology is a Pontifical degree which typically requires 4 years of study beyond the Bachelor of Science/Arts, etc. It is not the eqjuivelant of a non-Pontifical Bachelors degree, and is more properly thought of as graduate level education. There are several good schools that you could attend, but two of the best which immediately come to mind are Catholic University of America and the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception at the Dominican House of Studies. Both of those are in Washington DC. Several of the Benedictine Monasteries which also house seminaries are also a decent bet, St. Vincent or St. Meinrad Archabbey being some examples.

In order to be accepted to such a program, I would suggest focusing your undergraduate studies in such a way that allows you to major in theology and philosophy.

Gah. I just noticed a mistake in my writing. I need more sleep!

Anyways, I stated that I wanted a doctorate in Sacred Theology, I intended to put Epidemiology. Pardon the mistake.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.