Tragedies of September 11th

As we come upon the seventh anniversary of the horrors that transpired on September 11th, 2001, let us all pray not only for the souls of the departed but also those that were left behind and deeply affected by these tragedies.

Today, I pray that those not directly affected by that tragedy never experience that level of pain, and that those that were directly affected discover that Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.

Joining in your prayer. Amen. :crossrc:

For me one of the greatest tragedies of September 11 is that a group of Americans, and others, actually refuse to admit who was responsible and instead invent a conspiracy that involves the entire United States Government, countless law enforcement personel, countless emergency workers, the press, the military and who knows who else!

The people who believe that 911 was a home grown conspiracy are insulting the good memory of all who died and especially those on the airplane who tried to take back control of the plane.

As somebody has said, when people actually believe their own government, President, Vice President, Senior Military Staff, and thousands of others are capable of such monstrous attrocities then those people are really mentally ill.

The 911 conspiracy theory is so absurd, given the hundreds of thousands of personel who would have had to have been “in on it” that only a form of mental illness would come up with such a theory.

We have to ask why it is that so many, particularly of the political left, are promoting this theory. In a free, democratic country like the United States I find this to be a tragedy.

Americans should have so much to be thankful for, a freedom that many other countries don’t have. When this freedom is attacked as viciously as it was on September 11, Americans should be united in recognising the enemy and taking steps to make their country strong against such attacks. Instead, a small, but noisy group have turned against their own government and blamed it for the attacks. I can only pray that they will recognise who their real enemy is before it is too late.

Joining you in prayer…

Hail Mary full of Grace, The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among all women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, please pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

there were so many personal tragedies on september 11th and we also had stories of heroism. but we cannot forget the brave people who were on the planes that day or in the world trade center and the pentagon and the heroic firement and policemen and city officials who lost their lives that day.

there also was the national tragedy of how our nation reacted to this as post #3 states where so many conspiracy theories developed and began to divide us as a nation.

many of us reacted by becoming more patriotic and others by becoming more suspicious of the government.

i was just checking on the internet, because we have forgotten the oklahoma city bombing which occurred in 1995. the first world trade center bombing was in 1993, so these were 3 huge terrorist acts on our soil in just 8 years.

let us pray that we do not have to suffer another terrorist attack here in our country and pray for all of the families who have been victimized by these attacks and pray for the souls of the departed and those left injured and also pray for our military sent to defeat the enemy.

We were that days at the US consulate with flowers. In the memory of those who suffered.

Hail Mary full of Grace, The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among all women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, please pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

i am watching a show now called 102 minutes that changed the world.

it is on the history channel. it has new footage.

brings back memories.

i can’t imagine what it must have been like to be there that day.

Lord I pray you will comfort those who have been affected by September 11 th and welcome those who died on that tragic day into your kingdom. Help us to remember the many unselfish acts of heroism that day. Allow us the grace to not let these theories of conspiracy diminish those acts of heroism finally I pray for all servicemen and women and I honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this nation and ask you to have mercy on them and welcome them into your kingdom. I ask these things in your name. Amen

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.