Tragedy at Amish school

breitbart.com/news/2006/10/02/D8KGKNH00.html

It is hard to believe how peaceful people can be hurt so badly.

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy.
May those little children enter heaven, and may those who are injured soon return to their families.

Why is it that the people who do these awful things usually turn their gun on themselves? This is going to sound really uncharitable…and it is…but I’d just as soon see them captured, tried and, if convicted, executed than simply avoiding (earthly) justice by taking their own lifes.

Uggg! That makes no sense! What in the world could motivate a person to do something like that?

Had he turned the gun on himself first, this tragedy would not have happened.

I actually have some amount of compassion for the gunman as well. A sane person doesn’t do something like this. He must have been seriously disturbed.

So true!

There’s that good old fashioned moral relativism that we’ve grown so accustomed today. There is no right and wrong, there is no good and evil, only actions, either sane, or insane, the insane ones are excused, it just so happens that the evil actions are commited by insane people, not evil people…:rolleyes:

Hopefully the shooter is sharing in eternal Heaven since he was crazy at the time…:rolleyes:

Those poor children!! This must be torture for their entire community!! I will pray for those killed, as well as for the ones who were injured–may they make a complete recovery. For those who survived this, I can only imagine how horrible it will be to live with the memories of this day–I read somewhere that they were lined up “execution style” and shot at. What a terrible thing to endure. May God be with all of them!!

I don’t understand who could hate the Amish! SO sad!

I don’t understand who could hate the Amish! SO sad!

Prayers for all.

May the Lord welcome these innocent ones into His Glory this day.

“Let the Children Come To Me…” These Children are hopefully in God’s hands now. May they be at peace.

Did anyone read the ABCNews report that says there are similarities to this shooting and the one in Colorado–that is, the boys and adults were allowed to leave, the gunman only kept the girls? What is going on here? It doesn’t seem that this gunman molested these Amish girls, which is a small blessing… for children who lead such sheltered, innocent lives to have them cut short in such a brutal manner sickens me.

This is the third school shooting this week! Even though I already homeschool my kids, I just want to keep them even closer than ever now… The Amish are a peaceful people and for someone to storm into their quiet lives and leave families shattered is just so typical of the Evil One. Let’s all pray harder than ever!

These are the moments in life when I just look up at the sky and ask “why?”.

May those beautiful children be forever happy in God’s playground He has up there for them.

May the Holy Spirit shine down on their families and friends, and the gunman’s family and friends. Give them all strength to get through each day.

:frowning:

It’s God’s will. There’s nothing we could have done to prevent it. Maybe God planned it so that the children would leave this cruel world while in their innocent state… Quite guaranteeing their entrance to the Kingdom… And so that they may no longer feel the horrors of this world…

Still, I’ll pray that the Lord may keep their young souls in His kingdom and may He have mercy on the gunmen’s souls.

Wisdom 2:23-24

For God formed man to be imperishable; the image of his own nature he made him. But by the envy of the devil, death entered the world, and they who are in his possession experience it.

John 8:44
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire.** He was a murderer from the beginning**, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

I have no doubt that the shooter was doing Satan’s work!

We should pray for all the living.

I’ve heard that an announcement will be made at about noon eastern time today that will shed more light on the murderer and his state of mind.

One thing that crossed my mind in viewing all this is that although there are pockets of seemingly peaceful people like the Amish living among us we are all one body…Although Amish separate themselves as do cloistered monks in monasteries…we are all still one body… in brokeness and sin…There are no earthly barriers that man can make to keep sins contained. Only God’s love can bind sin.

According to the news reports this morning (CNN radio news) a fifth girl has died.

“Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.”

I want to pity the gunman, but anybody who would murder a 7-year old child then kill himself is a flat-out coward…don’t they say that suicide is the greatest sin against God (or one of them, anyway)? You are basically giving up on God and removing all hope.

I can’t begin to tell you the anger I feel towards that guy…innocent, Amish schoolchildren had their lives cut short and their familes will grieve for a long time.

I pray that God sends them healing and helps me deal with this intense anger inside me…it is all just so reckless and sickening.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.