Tragedy at SXSW music/film/tech fest

kxan.com/2014/03/13/two-killed-multiple-injuries-after-car-runs-through-crowd-downtown/

Prayers for the victims and their families.

Sadly reminds of the pyrotechnic fire at the Station venue in Rhode Island…so many folks, just there to hang out, and worried friends and family.

*Some on social media Thursday morning called for the festival to be canceled, but Martinez said the crash should not be blamed on SXSW organizers. Martinez said the crash could have happened any day of the year.

“The fact of the matter this was a horrible accident that was caused by one person’s decision,” said Martinez. “He made a grave mistake and his actions killed and changed the lives of many people.”

On Thursday morning, SXSW’s managing director Roland Swenson told reporters the festival will move forward as scheduled.*
chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houstonians-at-SXSW-recount-tragedy-on-Red-River-5313985.php

I was there yesterday, not last night. The day was sunny and beautiful and the music was wonderful. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. It is so sad that this tragedy occurred and I will be praying for the two victims and all of the injured. The driver has been identified as Rashad Charjuan Owens- and I guess he also needs prayers (although that is very hard for me!).

My prayers for everybody involved and for the two fatalities.

May they both rest in the bosom of their Lord for all eternity.

Amen. :signofcross::signofcross:

Sorry you had to go therough that.

And yes-----prayers for the man who made that despicable decision.

May he find God in his heart and repent. :(:o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.