Transgender person arrested after taking photos of others in changing room

A man who identifies as a transgender woman has been arrested after they took photos of other women inside of the changing room at Target in Ammon.

On Monday the Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Ammon Target store where an adult female says a person taking pictures of her while she was inside a changing room trying on clothes. The woman noticed the person reaching over the wall of the changing room with a cell phone to take pictures. The victim confronted the subject who ran from the store.

Detectives interviewed witnesses and security footage from Target which led them to 43-year-old Sean Patrick Smith, who also identifies as Shauna Patricia Smith, a transgender female. After interviewing Smith she was taken into custody by Detectives and booked into the Bonneville County Jail for one felony count of voyeurism.

m.localnews8.com/news/transgender-person-arrested-after-taking-photos-of-others-in-chaning-room/40479250

This shows how the transgender and crossdressing movement hurts people. It does not just hurt family members. It also hurts members of the general public. This is why I am on a peaceful crusade against crossdressing.

If he identifies as A WOMAN, why is he acting like a perverted MAN?

Glad they arrested this MAN. Hope they get him some psychiatric help.

And I hope target apologizes to the women.

^^^^This

I suspect we will be hearing more of this as time goes by.:mad:

Yes, this is just beginning.

But not from the Democrats

Those of uswith common sense could see this coming, but no, we’re just bigots who invent nasty ideas about transgenderism. :rolleyes: Is anyone shocked at this? I’m not. Maybe the heads-in-the-clouds leftists are but not the rest of us who live in the real world. :mad:

So we can conclude from a sample size of 1 that all transgender people are voyeuristic perverts?

No, but we can conclude that perverts are going to take advantage of genderless changing rooms and restrooms. Indeed, I would go so far as to conclude: Duh!

It has already happened…
dailywire.com/news/330/university-toronto-dumps-transgender-bathrooms-pardes-seleh

The University is temporarily changing its policy on gender-neutral bathrooms after two separate incidents of “voyeurism” were reported on campus September 15 and 19. Male students within the University’s Whitney Hall student residence were caught holding their cellphones over female students’ shower stalls and filming them as they showered.

…but they still don’t actually get it:

Melinda Scott, dean of students at the University of Toronto, told The Daily Wire that campus police had been contacted immediately and worked with residence staff to “support impacted students and ensure the safety of the Residences.”

“Given the serious nature of these incidents and the impact on directly affected students, we made the decision to specifically designate some washrooms in Whitney Hall for those who identify as men and those who identify as women,” Scott said.

(Highlighting mine). They apparently didn’t designate restrooms for actually men, and actually women, but instead for those who “identify” as men, etc.

Jon

Raise the alarm folks. One person means they’re all perverts right?

/sarcasm

Again, I’m not surprised. We who understand human nature better than those who are trying to reinvent it knew these kinds of things would happen but we were shouted down and called names to get us to shut up. And this is the result. No, I’m not at all surprised that it’s already happened, and it will keep on happening until schools, stores, and other public places grow a backbone and stand up to pressure from a small population that wants to turn gender into a political football for their own ends no matter who gets hurt.

You’re a little behind the curve here–see post #10 and the one from JonNC. It’s time to face reality here, not a make-believe world in which everyone has nothing but the purest motives. :rolleyes:

My mistake, I guess we should always be cynical and look for the worst in people. :shrug:

No, but we should be realistic. Criminals take advantage of the opportunities the laws provide them… make it legal for men to go into women’s restrooms and some criminals will take advantage of it. If claiming that they’re transgender will get them access, they’ll claim to be transgender (and you’re a hatefilled, suspicious bigot for questioning it).

I won’t claim any of the folks in these incidents are transgender, because I have doubts about that. But they are criminals taking advantage of an opportunity provided under the law.

Undoubtedly I’ve been in bathrooms with transgenders and was never aware of it, we both took care of our biological functions and parted ways none the wiser. Don’t care. I’ve actually been at venues (concerts/sporting events) where lines for the women’s rooms were so long some of the bolder women used the mens’ room. We all did our business and no one cared.

I think there is a difference between being cynical and being realistic, looking for the worst in people, and looking for the best but being prepared for the worst.

A nineteen year old college boy, being a boy, may make decisions based on his hormones rather than his not completely developed frontal lobe. And when more than one boy is involved, the combined frontal lobes seem to have even less influence on decision making.

Anatomical boys and anatomical girls do not belong in the same facilities together. It isn’t a matter of looking for the worst in people. It is a matter of expecting people to do what they have always done. For boys, that may include unwise decisions in order to have the opportunity to see a girl without clothes.

Jon

Access doesn’t change anything. It’s still illegal to take pictures and/or peep on people. That hasn’t changed and the bathroom rules don’t make it easier.

A person of the opposite gender has always been able to just walk into the wrong bathroom. As far as I know there’s no law prohibiting that. Sure, the store owners may ask you to leave, but that’s about all they can do, unless the person was taking photos, video, or otherwise peeping.

Are you seriously saying a 19 year old male would crossdress and/or become transgendered simply to see naked women?

Really?

With all the **** on the internet and towns of any size having strip clubs why on earth would they go through so much trouble? I mean, what you’re suggesting is just goofy.

That’s a good point. People tend to do what is most convenient and will not get them into serious trouble unless they are irrational or not fully developed cognitively, the latter being Jon’s point, I think.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.