Transgendering the local library

Because libraries are patronized by many parents with children, neutral bathrooms make sure mom can take her 5 year old son or dad can take his daughter to the bathroom. This is a good thing!

21 Likes

Beyond the “family restroom” thing, individual restrooms also reduce the risks for children using them because they won’t have to be sharing them with any strange adults.

Given some of the people who hang around libraries, this is also a good thing.

14 Likes

It wasn’t the bathrooms that caught my attention, but the variety of transgender books available to children.

3 Likes

I don’t think that public libraries should censor what’s available. If parents are concerned about what a child reads, watch your children!

9 Likes

Libraries have to censor by default. There is not enough money to buy every possible book, so they have to select which ones to buy. Apparently transgender is now a popular category. But somebody decides what to buy.

6 Likes

But if many people want the transgender books then they will provide them

2 Likes

After seeing what is trying to be normalized by schools and libraries, I am glad that my children are grown already. Its a different world.

10 Likes

Eh, I’m not really into “think of the children” book burning. <----figuratively speaking

Most kids read these “teen problem” books because it’s an edgy topic, and by the time 20 years goes by they joke about the books, or the field of everyone’s collective understanding has moved on to the point of making the books quaint and silly.

If you are that concerned about your children’s reading, monitor their books, until they get old enough to read stuff behind your back in which case if they are the kind of kids who read a lot, they will.

8 Likes

My “kids” are all in their 20s. I did monitor their reading and their movies, and music, as you say, while I could. That’s all a parent can do. But what I dealt with is nothing like what is being pushed now.

9 Likes

Maybe it’s better not to have kids in this day and age

Good grief.

8 Likes

Gender-neutral bathrooms are the bomb. Also, if you don’t want your kid/s to read certain books, then just don’t show them where they are. Most of my current views were shaped by materials I read as an adult anyway. Sounds like much ado about nothing.

4 Likes

Well that is a very sad waste of money.

7 Likes

Books or toilets?

1 Like

I hope they make the restrooms so that they are actually (handicap) accessible. So many barely meet the minimum ADA requirements.

6 Likes

Bathrooms being ripped out and changed and yes I personally think the books as well.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea what the old toilets were like and whether they needed replacing. But I for one much prefer “family” “gender neutral” call them what you want toilets. I want privacy on the loo. And my son is not going in the gents alone. I don’t think it’s necessarily a transgender issue.

9 Likes

When our sons were young enough not to go to public restrooms alone they came into the ladies restroom with me. If their dad was with us they went into the men’s restroom with him.

3 Likes

My son always comes in the ladies with me. But I’d sooner we just be in a private bathroom. It’s a squash in one tiny cubicle the 2 of us.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.