Translations of psalms used at Mass

I was wondering if there’s somewhere I can get the entire translation of the psalms they use in the Mass (preferably online). My Daily Roman Missal says it is the New American Bible with Revised Psalms the New American Bibles I can find, both online and offline use different translations of the psalms. The problem is in the Missal they only have parts of the psalms. For instance, psalm 24, which appears on Feb. 2, the Presentation of the Lord, only has verses 7-10. The United Catholic Conference of Bishops’ site (USCCB.org) has the NABRE, but the psalms are not the same as those used in the Mass. From what I understand the Vatican only modified parts from that edition for liturgical use. I’d like to find specifically the liturgical version of psalm 24th it’s entirety, not just verses 7-10.

Any ideas?

The Lectionary is the official record of Bible readings used in the Mass. It is not available online due to copyright.

[quote="Elvenwarrior2k1, post:1, topic:311847"]
I was wondering if there's somewhere I can get the entire translation of the psalms they use in the Mass (preferably online). My Daily Roman Missal says it is the New American Bible with Revised Psalms the New American Bibles I can find, both online and offline use different translations of the psalms. The problem is in the Missal they only have parts of the psalms. For instance, psalm 24, which appears on Feb. 2, the Presentation of the Lord, only has verses 7-10. The United Catholic Conference of Bishops' site (USCCB.org) has the NABRE, but the psalms are not the same as those used in the Mass. From what I understand the Vatican only modified parts from that edition for liturgical use. I'd like to find specifically the liturgical version of psalm 24th it's entirety, not just verses 7-10.

Any ideas?

[/quote]

The lectionary uses the 1970 NAB Psalms (with some tweaks) and can be found in any NAB Bible published before 1991 (when the Psalms were revised). The NABRE revised the Psalms again (published in 2011).

[quote="Elvenwarrior2k1, post:1, topic:311847"]
I was wondering if there's somewhere I can get the entire translation of the psalms they use in the Mass (preferably online). My Daily Roman Missal says it is the New American Bible with Revised Psalms the New American Bibles I can find, both online and offline use different translations of the psalms. The problem is in the Missal they only have parts of the psalms. For instance, psalm 24, which appears on Feb. 2, the Presentation of the Lord, only has verses 7-10. The United Catholic Conference of Bishops' site (USCCB.org) has the NABRE, but the psalms are not the same as those used in the Mass. From what I understand the Vatican only modified parts from that edition for liturgical use. I'd like to find specifically the liturgical version of psalm 24th it's entirety, not just verses 7-10.

Any ideas?

[/quote]

The Lectionary remains the official translation of the responsorial Psalms to be included in hymnals (USA). It may take a decade or more before the Lectionary is changed to use the Revised Grail Psalms. For musical settings, the Revised Grail Psalms, received the recognitio of the Holy See, March 2010.

Printery House

catholicbibles.blogspot.com/2011/01/revised-grail-psalms-review.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.