Trent Horn - How to engage Jehovah's Witnesses on the divinity of Christ

youtube.com/watch?v=R995EtlyqOQ

However, only the Father knows the day and the hour. If the Son were God, or if the Holy Spirit were God, wouldn’t They both know the day and the hour also?

Trent Horn will be at our Newman Center to speak this Thursday. I had never heard of him before.

So dumping ice cold water on them from the upstairs window is frowned upon? :grin:

Don’t think that would be approved of by the Pope!!

Only if it isn’t blessed

You have been on Catholic Answers Forums since 2008, and you have only recently heard of Trent Horn? He’s one of this site’s apologists! :ehh:

yep. just heard of him.

Good video, J.A.S.
I almost forgot to post this. When I was praying the LoTH for yesterday’s evening prayer, this scripture jumped out at me. {Of course, this is only one among many other scriptures, but it was timely with your new thread) :slight_smile:

Col. 2:9: "For in Christ, all the fullness of the Deity (Godhead, in some bibles) dwells bodily.

Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons are trained not to debate so this is very difficult.

My best answer is to confront them on Romans 10:9 (Jesus is Lord, God Raised him)
John 10:18 (Jesus had the power to take up his life)

Then the Clincher:

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior.

Acts 13:23
“From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.