SEXAGESIMA SUNDAY, JANUARY 31, 1:00 PM
USC CARUSO CATHOLIC CENTER, OUR SAVIOR PARISH
LOS ANGELES, CA open to the public

*Event Page: * facebook.com/events/785323541571611/
Caruso Center Website: catholictrojan.org/Default.aspx
Email to Voice Support: info@catholictrojan.org
To Donate: catholictrojan.org/donate.aspx

For more info.

This is good. I’ll best most people have absolutely no clue regarding Septuagesima Sunday though.

Wow! What a far cry from my days at 'SC. I can hardly believe it’s true.

Perhaps a few CAF members will be able to assist, either with the music ministry of in the pews?
The facebook page is requesting a response from those interested in assisting with the music:

"The USC Caruso Catholic Center invites all to join in the Tridentine Mass.

The Tridentine Mass is a traditional, Catholic Mass done entirely in Latin. It’s a great learning experience for the entire USC community, as well as a beautiful way to experience the traditions of the Catholic Church.

***Musicians requested to perform during the Mass. Contact MusicMinistry@CatholicTrojan.Onmicrosoft.com, with “Tridentine Mass-Musician” in the “Subject” line."
May God bless all who are able to take part in His Mass.
Amen.

Sexagesima Sunday. Septuagesima was last week. :wink: We observe these in the Ordinariate.

Did anyone attend? If so, please share your experience, I’ve never been to a EF High Mass.

You’re right. My mistake for the Sunday. On one of the websites though,

So let’s rejoice in this wonderful event in the midst of the time of Septuagesima and keep these dear young students in our prayers!

Septuagesima is the name of the “season,” which comprises the 3 Sundays, Septuagesima, Sexagesima and Quinquagesima. So, Sexa…is part of the time of Septua…(I’m getting tired of typing these words!)…is that clear?

Very. :thumbsup:

Guess what I found out! **This was not the first Trid Mass at USC. **There was another one in May, 2014. Here is the Facebook event page. AND someone recorded it and put it on YouTube. The video states that the Mass was “student initiated” (whatever that means) and assisted by various local Latin Mass organizations. The video starts with poor quality for some reason, but improves later on. The music was performed by USC music students and was absolutely first rate! The attendance was decent and kneelers were placed in the front of the church so people could kneel for Holy Communion.

We’ll see if anyone puts up a video of this past Sunday’s Mass. Wonderful things are happening in the shadow of the Hollywood hills. It gives me hope!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.