Since September 14, the number of TLMs celebrated in the Philippines has substantially increased.
Prior to September 14, the TLM was celebrated in four dioceses every Sunday:
- Diocese of Cubao (at Lord of Divine Mercy Parish Church, Sundays 1:30 PM, every thirteenth of the Month @ 3 PM, and Holy Days normally @ 3 PM.)
- Archdiocese of Jaro (at the Cathedral of Jaro on Sundays, and in the Seminary on First Fridays – Jaro was one of the first dioceses in the world to grant an indult.)
- Diocese of Bacolod
- Diocese of Imus (initially celebrated in the St. Michael Parish in Bacoor, but later moved to private houses due to lack of attendees)
In addition, there were regular (at least once a month) private masses in Cubao, Cagayan De Oro, Camiguin, Davao and in Quiapo, Manila. All of these masses except in Quiapo (whose former celebrant is currently suffering from a serious illness) have continued to the present.
There used to be an every-Sunday “private” TLM in 2004 in the Christ the King SVD Seminary in QC (where I once served) but the SVD fathers would have none of it and banished the priest. He was forced to continue celebrating the TLM in aprivate chapel in Manila until his departure for his home country last year.
After September 14, the following Masses were added
- Diocese of Bulacan (at National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, Valenzuela City, Sundays, 8 PM)
(in addition to the TLM at Fatima, there is a private mass currently being celebrated weekly somewhere in Bulacan – contact me off list for details)
- Diocese of Tagbilaran (at Assumption of Our Lady, Dauis, Bohol; DAILY Tridentine Mass celebrated by Fr. Joseph Skelton!) It’s technically a private mass but… people can come in
Contact me off-list for more details
Carlos Antonio Palad
a humble member of Una Voce America
residing in Quezon City, Philippines (Diocese of Cubao)