Trinity question

At Jesus baptism, all 3 persons of the Trinity were present.

At say Pentecost, Sermon on the Mount, burning bush, was only one PERSON of the Trinity present?

Impossible since the trinity cannot be separated wherever one person is all are there.

Hi, AJ!
Since God is Spirit and immutable He Exists as God from the Beginning (‘at the Beginning was the Word and the Word was God and the Word was with God’); the difference between the events is God’s Revelation: only in very specific events are we able to perceive the three Persons of God in a demonstrative (visual) experience of the three Divine–for the most part, though not visually aware, we are made known that the three Persons of God are Present:

17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. (St. John 14:17, 23)

…it is not that the Father, the Son or the Holy Spirit act alone but that we may perceive only One Person while the other Two remain Hidden.

Maran atha!

Angel

Can’t Say, I wasn’t their ,

Job 38  :  4-7 

Where were you when i Laid the Earths Foundations.

There is only ONE God. Obviously all persons were present.

The Holy Spirit is the full being of the Father making the union of the Father united into the life in which it enlightens.
The Holy Spirit is the full being of the Son making the union of the Son united into the life in which it enlightens.

At the day of his Baptism, you have a visual of what is eternally in God - The Father saying, “Son”, and breathing his whole being into his Son, and the Holy Spirit being that breath of God, in the air, but not the air, and the Son receiving the fullness of the Father into himself in union of the Father in the Son by the Holy Spirit.

+The Trinity in Sacred Scripture . . .

[INDENT]. . . :coffeeread: . . .

:bible1: Matthew 3:16–17: And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened to him: and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him. And behold a Voice from heaven, saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. *(also Mark 1:10–11; Luke 3:22; John 1:32) *

:bible1: Matthew 28:19: Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the **Father **and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. *(see Trinitarian formula). *

:bible1: 2 Corinthians 13:14: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the charity of God and the communication of the Holy Ghost be with all of you. Amen.

:bible1: 1 John 5:7–8: And there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are ONE. And there are three that give testimony on earth: the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three are one.

:bible1: **Luke 1:35: **And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

:bible1: Hebrews 9:14: How much more shall the **blood **of Christ, who by the **Holy Ghost **offered himself unspotted unto God, cleanse our conscience from dead works, to serve the living God?[/INDENT]One of the most fascinating Bible studies I was in some years back was on the . . . different . . . and . . . individual . . . WORKS. . . of each of the Three Persons in our One God . . . as revealed throughout Sacred Scripture. An easy way to enter into this type of study is to use the . . . SEARCH . . . feature on the Douay Rheims Bible internet website below . . .

God the Father had and has a particular mission in life upon this earth and the lives of mankind. . .** Jesus** . . . the Blessed Christ of God. . . has and had a particular mission . . . the Sweet Spirit of our Holy God . . . has and had a particular mission . . . and roaming about in both the **Old and New Testaments seeking and studying each Holy Person of our . . . Triune God’s . . . **work/activity is a really marvelously enlightening blest study . . .

Link: drbo.org/index.htm

:bible1:
“Carefully study
to present thyself approved unto
**GOD, **
a workman that needeth
not
to be ashamed,
rightly handling the word of truth.”
- 2 Timothy 2:15

God bless . . . *
[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+

. . . thank You Blessed Lord our Saviour+
. . . thank You Gracious Heavenly Father+
. . . thank You Sweet Spirit of our Holy God+*[/RIGHT]

But aren’t the persons separate? Jesus pays to the Father not to himself, the father sends the spirit.? Again…just talking about the persons of the Trinity. Just as you say, wherever one person is… that tells me one person can be present without another.

Really, not trying to be like a JW here… trying to understand

,yeah, their Arianism keeps them from being Faithful to the God they profess to know and worship!

Let’s see if I can give you a visual… water (H2O) though existing in three forms (liquid, solid, gas) remains H2O; conversely, Yahweh God being Spirit, Eternal, Unchanging, Existing from the Beginning as God (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit).

The Holy Trinity may prove to be one of the deepest Mystery of God… though He states that He is the Only God and that before Him, with Him, aside from Him nor after Him is there a god, nonetheless He has Revealed Himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. There is but One God–YHWH, the Eternal I AM, Who Exists and has Revealed Himself in three Divine Persons.

Maran atha!

Angel

Dave Armstrong just posted on this topic. It has a name: “Circumincession.”

So would it be correct to say they are separate persons that are never separated?

It seems to me that while all Three Persons of the Blessed Trinity can be specially manifested at an event such as the Baptism of Christ or the Transfiguration of Christ, we must remember that** visibility** is not the same as presence, nor is invisibility the same as absence.

The Baptism & Transfiguration of our Lord were two moments when all three Persons decided to manifest or reveal themselves to human senses. The Blessed Trinity, however, is present everywhere, filling all things, at all times. God need not manifest Himself in order to be present. :slight_smile:

I really like that. Nice turn of phrase. :thumbsup:

This thread seemed to be laced with heresy, but then I read this, and it makes total sense now. Thanks Venerabilis.

No amount of speculation is needed to understand the Holy Trinity.

Please consult the Holy Gospel of St. John the Apostle.

St. John’s Gospel itself contains the glorious apostle’s his direct realization, i.e. his direct witness to the Truth of the Triune God, and his presentation of the Truth of the Triune God.

The Church has worshiped the Holy Trinity as proclaimed by St John’s witness from the beginning and throughout the centuries.

The Anaphora of St. John (Son of Thunder), written by St John the apostle and is preserved and prayed by the Ethiopian catholics to this day, extols the Glories of the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

It is no coincidence that the the Roman Catholic Church throughout the centuries concluded EVERY mass with the recitation of the “Last Gospel”, the theological, doctrinal, and scientific explanation of the Holy Trinity. I’ve included the “Last Gospel” below for your reference.

For those exhausted by the mundane heretical arguments against the Holy Catholic faith, we merely present the holy genius of St. John’s Gospel:

The Last Gospel - (St. John 1.1-14)

**In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. **

COMMENTARY:
St John explains the Word was in the beginning yet was with and was God and hence before the beginning.

What is in a man’s heart appears in his mind and the thoughts of the mind exist before revealed to others by the spoken word.

A person’s words are made manifest when spoken by the will of their “father”.

Therefore your spoken word is one and the same as you yet it is simultaneously different. Your words are conveyed by your energy, when you speak them into existence to he HEARD by others.

So anyone who doubts the Trinity will be confronted directly by their very own existence. They cannot look into the mirror and see heart and mind existing apart from their words, actions, and their impact on others.

Modern science contemplates 4 fundamentals of Time, Space, Energy, and Matter. St. John of the Cross teaches: “The Father spoke one Word, which was His Son, and this Word He always speaks in eternal silence, and in silence must It be heard by the soul” So it is very clear that the Word Logos (related to Lexis) is the All in All lexicon of God made manifest in Time, Jesus, the Word.

Please contemplate the rest of this Holy Gospel passage which clearly explains the Word cannot be heard but by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit made present to us by an encounter with St John the Baptist!

and …
All things were made by Him: and without Him was made nothing that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the Light shineth in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to give testimony of the Light, that all men might believe through Him. He was not the Light, but was to give testimony of the Light. That was the true Light, which enlighteneth every man that cometh into this world. He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, He gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in His name. Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (here all kneel) AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US, and we saw His glory, the glory as it were of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Thanks be to God.

All praises and glory be given to the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Ghost, now and forever, the God Who Is Who Was and IS TO COME at the end of the ages. Alleluia !!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.