Trinity, reasonably

I invite thoughts on this line of thinking, especially from Muslims.
BTW, today the Catholic Church honors in a particular way the Most Holy Trinity.

Muslims who visit this site, peace be upon you, probably already have heard that the Christian Church teaches that it worships one God, yet, we speak of this God as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Not three gods, not three parts of one God, but three persons in one, single God. I can’t explain how God accomplishes this miracle, but I think that I can make the existence of the Trinity to be reasonable:

God is love. That’s the key. God *is *love. Love is an essential component of the nature of God.

So, consider the limitless eternity before God created the heavens and the earth. God was completely alone. Yet, God is love. A characteristic of love is that it exists in a shared relationship. It’s okay for me to love myself, but too much self love is unhealthy. Moreover, if I love myself, but I am only one person, how can I return that love?

Thus, we can see that it is reasonable, perhaps even necessary, for a God Who is Love, to be able to give and receive love. In fact, God has revealed to us that, yes, He does have that relationship. It is the relationship of a Father and a Son. So, within the one God, God is the Father Who gives love and the Son Who returns it.

The Church describes the Holy Spirit as the bond of love between the Father and the Son. Moving to an example of a husband and wife who love each other deeply, we can see that their marrage takes on a life of its own. It is not just Mr. X and Mrs. X, but the marraige of Mr. and Mrs X, which becomes like a new person. In fact, a strong marraige has the power to inspire us to try and be more loving ourselves, which is exactly what the Holy Spirit does in Christian understanding.

Therefore, we see that the Trinity–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-- is a natural way that God expresses His nature of Love.

Interesting. I like your emphasis on Love’s give-receive nature. Perhaps this might also be helpful:

godandscience.org/apologetics/xdimgod.html

Hi
This ‘miracle’ was neither mentioned by Moses nor by JesusYeshuaIssa and it did not originate in Jerusalem. It was imported at Rome, while JesusYeshuaIssa alongwith Mary and other confidants had set off for journey in search of ten tribes of House of Israel. Jesus was alive but had no communication with Jerusalem. So they imported, in my opinion, without any fear from him. Please don’t mind, you are not under any compulsion to believe it; if by some research you find it to be truthful only then you may believe.
Love for all , hatred for none.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics
The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only MullahIslam or MullahShariah; the true face of Muhammad’sIslam and PromisedMessiahImamMahdi’sIslam is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking only peaceful.

The Trinity is not a “miracle” IMO… nonetheless it is true.

Thanks, Paarsurrey Actually, Jesus does mention the Trinity. If you are read a copy of the Gospel according to Matthew, near the very end, you can read this : “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew, chapter 28, verse 19).

May I ask, what is the Muslim opinion of God? In particulary, do Muslims believe that God is love?

Peace,
JohnPaul

Hi
Thank you for showin your interest in attributes of GodAllahYHWH as per Quran/Islam.
For attributes of Allah in Arabic and its translation in English, please access:alislam.org/library/links/asmaa/node6.html
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics
The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only MullahIslam or MullahShariah; the true face of Muhammad’sIslam and PromisedMessiahImamMahdi’sIslam is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking only peaceful.

Nice one… I can see where you’re going with this. :thumbsup:

May I ask, what is the Muslim opinion of God? In particulary, do Muslims believe that God is love?

I like this conversation’s direction. :smiley: But she is Ahmadi, which is outside of the religion of Islam, so her perspective will not reflect the pure Islamic religion in the same sense a JW’s viewpoint will not reflect the ideals of Christendom.

May I ask, before he was al-haliq, The Creator, towards whom was he The Loving? In other words, before Allah created man, Allah was alone, correct? So, in that period, to whom did he express his attribute of al-wadud?

Of course he must have had SOMEONE with whom to share love before even the heavenly host were crafted … No? Indeed! If love is sharing, then with whom did Allah SHARE his love before the initial point of creation?

Thank you for showin your interest in attributes of GodAllahYHWH as per Quran/Islam.
For attributes of Allah in Arabic and its translation in English, please access:alislam.org/library/links/asmaa/node6.html
quote]

Dear Paarsurrey,

What a beautiful litany of names for God! I truly felt inspired by reading it. I see how the Muslim people give well-deserved praise to God.

Of particular interest to me in the context of this thread is the name,

al-wadud , The Loving.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]

Hi
Thanks for the appreciation.
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.