Trinity

The Lord asks us to call The Triune God ,as Father… Would it be in accordance with revelation , to belive the Word that proceeds from The Father, is spoken in unison by all Three…that Jesus, is Son , as The Word of The Triune Father …that at the Baptism, the overshadowing of The Spirit - The Love of The Father( in Three) is the eternal reality, made manifest to us , in time , for our sake .the Dove represent the Love , Mercy, Divinity, thta pours in and returns to The Father…that at any instant , we too can choose to be in that …( same with the transfiguration…)that at Resurrection , again , it is The Spirit of the Triune Father that brings life to the Body of The Savior
it would seem it is important for many to recognise the actve participation of The Triune Father, in Redemption, so that there would be a deepening of Father love …,and accept Jesus as The image of The Father…and any fear about the Father having abandoned The Son would vanish, when we realise The Incarnate Word is The Word of The Father…The Father is there …this too would bring in more of a Father identity and relation with The Lord …thus being true to prisethood …fathers

marymol,
Welcome to the forums. We’re very glad you’ve joined us.

I’ve read your post three times and I’m having a hard time understanding it. Maybe it’s just me… lately my brain is jello. But hopefully someone will explain it.

Blessings to you,
CM

[quote=carol marie]marymol,
Welcome to the forums. We’re very glad you’ve joined us.

I’ve read your post three times and I’m having a hard time understanding it. Maybe it’s just me… lately my brain is jello. But hopefully someone will explain it.

Blessings to you,
CM
[/quote]

Same here. I’m not quite sure what you’re implying. If you could maybe reword it?
Welcome btw

Let me share something: If God is called a Father, then the statement should have some qualification. Consequently a Father should have a Son. Now if the Fatherhood of God is due to created beings, then Gods Fatherhood is dependent on His creatures and therefore prior to creation God is not a Father and such Fatherhood is not real.In such case it is not proper to adress God as Father. But, since the Bible cannot err; it is therefore true on what it has manifested that God is a Father.

Now, since God is an infinite being it follows that such Fatherhood is also infinite, that also demands an infinite Sonship. Wherefore to accept that God is a Father is to accept that there is also God the Son. Hence in the beginning was the word and the word was with God…the only begotten Son of God (1Jn.1:1-18).

And since one can love only whom he knows; The Father loved the Son and The Son loved the Father. Should this love is also infinite and it is neither the Father nor the Son. The love is express in the term of Ruah (Spirit), the love between the Father and the Son is the Holy Spirit, (1Jn.1:14-18).

Now Trinity is understood by positing the idea that God is a Father.

thank you very much - probabaly one of the best descrpitions on The Trinity…

Guess my question is - is The Word same as The Second Person…

or is The Word , (like Scott Hahn’s idea of the centrality of the covenants )- , The Covenant , spoken by all The Three persons, in The Trinity…, in unison…and that when Jesus addresses The Father, could it not be all Three Persons …even as He is one with Them…
again, all this , in an efffort to bring out the actve , may be equal ,role of Three Persons , The TRIUNE FATHERHOOD, in the redemption…so that we develop more trust and love for The Father…

Catechism of the Catholic Church

**The dogma of the Holy Trinity

253** The Trinity is One. We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the “consubstantial Trinity”. The divine persons do not share the one divinity among themselves but each of them is God whole and entire: “The Father is that which the Son is, the Son that which the Father is, the Father and the Son that which the Holy Spirit is, i.e. by nature one God.” In the words of the Fourth Lateran Council (1215), “Each of the persons is that supreme reality, viz., the divine substance, essence or nature.”

254 The divine persons are really distinct from one another. “God is one but not solitary.” “Father”, “Son”, “Holy Spirit” are not simply names designating modalities of the divine being, for they are really distinct from one another: “He is not the Father who is the Son, nor is the Son he who is the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit he who is the Father or the Son.” They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: “It is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds.” The divine Unity is Triune.

**255 ** The divine persons are relative to one another. Because it does not divide the divine unity, the real distinction of the persons from one another resides solely in the relationships which relate them to one another: “In the relational names of the persons the Father is related to the Son, the Son to the Father, and the Holy Spirit to both. While they are called three persons in view of their relations, we believe in one nature or substance.”

Indeed “everything (in them) is one where there is no opposition of relationship.” “Because of that unity the Father is wholly in the Son and wholly in the Holy Spirit; the Son is wholly in the Father and wholly in the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit is wholly in the Father and wholly in the Son.”

CCC 253 The Trinity is One. We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the “consubstantial Trinity”.

The three persons of the Trinity are:God the Father, the first person of the Trinity

God the Son, The Word, the second person of the Trinity

God the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity

[quote=Marymol] Would it be in accordance with revelation, to believe the Word that proceeds from The Father, is spoken in unison by all Three …
[/quote]

It is correct to say that the Word (God the Son) eternally proceeds from God the Father. There are two eternal processions within the Godhead, the eternal begetting of the Son by the Father, and the eternal procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father and the Son.

It would be wrong, however, to say that the Word (God the Son) “is spoken in unison by all Three”.

Would it be in accordance with revelation, to believe … that Jesus, is Son, as The Word of The Triune Father …

I don’t know what you mean by “The Triune Father”. There is only one Father in the Trinity, not three Fathers.

Thousands of years after the first humans were born, God the Son came down from Heaven and became a man. That man is Jesus, who is both true man, and true God. Jesus did not exist from all eternity, but God the Son (the Word) has existed from all eternity. The Word existed before Adam and Eve, the angels or anything else was created. That is why the Apostle John writes “the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us” (John 1:14), and that “In the beginning was the Word (God the Son), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1).

Would it be in accordance with revelation, to believe …that at the Baptism, the overshadowing of The Spirit - The Love of The Father( in Three) is the eternal reality, made manifest to us , in time , for our sake .

Mary had the “the overshadowing of The Spirit “ at her Immaculate Conception. The saints of the Old Testament at certain times in their lives also were overshadowed by the Holy Spirit (though not continually overshadowed by the Holy Spirit).

Baptism give us something greater than the overshadowing of the Spirit, it bestows on us the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. John the Baptist could prophesy because he was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, but he did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. That is why Jesus says that the least Christian that has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is greater than John the Baptist. They are greater because they have the greater gift. Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has risen no one greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Matt. 11:11

Thank you all very much…
One God , Three Persons, I do accept it as an article of faith, realising . in the order as mentioned in The Book .) My efffort is to help bring in a deeper Father relationship …and I am realising , may be instead of focusing on the internal realtion of The Three Persons in The Trinity, it need to be in our relationship , to the Three Persons ( One God ).Now Jesus aske us to call God as Father…that include Him too …He himself addresses the disciples as ‘children’ atleast on two occasions - at The Last Supper , after Judas leaves…again after The Resurrection, after He has prepared them Breakfast …he shares His very Life with us …and give glory to Fatherhood … In a little booklet ‘Father speaks to his children’ - there is a very touching satement where The Father is saying 'I AM no older or younger than My Son and My Holy Spirit ’ .and how The Father being depicted as very old has alienated many … Now Jesus , living to be 331/3 year old , i/3rd of 100 - would somehow seem to reinforce this coeternal theme …St. John , as the youngest disciple , probably could relate to this Father Love in Jesus , to the best, and hence 'the beloved disciple .'when He tells MaryMagdalene ‘Do not hold on , for I have not ascended to the Father’ - is He reminding her , in the most tender way, that He need to go up from Thr Rabboni role to the Father role in her heart …
In our Father hungry world ,it is important that we have The Father relationship strenghtened … Are our our Protesatant brethren better at this than we are ? Too, I have wondered , through the history of the church, the tendency for many women saints and nuns to have a 'bride- groom ’ relationship might have also been a contributing factor …In The Old Testament , Israel is The Bride …and so is Mother Church … yet when it comes to individuals , is it not better to have a Father -child relationship even as it may not be wrong to see the mystical relation of soul and God in those terms …or how little girls, would think they are in love with dad … :slight_smile: yet considering our times, with the crisis of homosexuality, the appearance of blasphemous books like The davinci code, do we need to strehgthen The Father image and relationship…some think homosexuality is bondage of father hunger and or envy/anger ,unforgiveness towards women, coming out as attemplt to seduce other men, for power and control and competing with women … Homosexuality with its subtle scornfulness for women probably might even play an indirect role in many other ills in our culture …abortions , divorces … The remedy would seem to be The Father Love, received in abundance, in The Eucharistic Heart , mother love-Rosasry devotion…fasting …plenty of The Scripture …Reading all those Old Testament warfare accounts and the miraculous interventions of The Father …can have many beneficial effects , and may be help the hearts of many wimpy, selfcenterrd persons …can be more fun than football :slight_smile: …Again , hoping all this would give a firmer identity to the Priesthood as ‘fathers’, in the image of our Lord … … ( In dealing with many addictions …even homosexuality …we know how fasting is a powerful weapon …along with that a diet , low in dairy(milk, cheese) and grains - all corn and corn products , wheat ,sugars etc:) and high in legumes might be a way to deal with this. We read in Genesis - 'God gave them all seed bearing plants '.and many think this is about the legumes , the lowly, inexpensive , yet packed with nutrition family of beans …they can replace a good bit of dairy and carbs , since many people are sensitive to these items and cause them to have many problems - resp. allergy, behavior and mood problems and so on…
Beans are high in calcium, protien ,fiber, iron, magnesium , and has carbs …planting it replenish the soil …free of animal fat …and very easy to make - boil them to soft, add may be a bit of onions and garlic sauteed in olive oil etc . may be some favored spices, with smalll serving of plain rice, and plain yogurt on the side …a complete healthy meal …variations of these can be served for atleast two meals …save money and health
So if anyone listening out there , and struggling with adddictions …Father love, courage and hope -in The Word …and good disciplined care of body all for The Glory to The Father, Son and HolySpirit …O Mary concieved without sin, pray for us …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.