Trinity

I was wondering how nontrinity try to justfy there dogma? Sola Scriptora try and justify there idea with scripture (wrongly but they try). I would like to know what they say and how it is wrong so I know when it comes up. Thanks and God bless.

A Jehovah’s Witness brochure entitled “Beliefs and Customs that God Hates” includes the Trinity, saying:

Is Jehovah a Trinity-three persons in one God? No! Jehovah, the Father, is “the only true God.” (John 17:3; Mark 12:29) Jesus is His firstborn Son, and he is subject to God. (1 Corinthians 11:3) The Father is greater than the Son. (John 14:28) The holy spirit is not a person; it is God’s active force.-Genesis 1:2; Acts 2:18.

The concept of the Trinity can be seen in the New Testament, especially in the Gospel of John.

In Matthew 28:19 Jesus said ** “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”**

The clearest early expression of the concept came with Tertullian, who wrote in the early third century and coined the words “Trinity” and “person”. He explained that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were “one in essence - not one in Person.”

Saint Augustine described the Trinity as comparable to the three parts of an individual human being: mind, spirit, and will. They are three distinct aspects, yet they are inseparable and together constitute one unified human being.

The Jewish philosopher Maimonides rejected the Christian belief in a Trinitarian God, as do modern Jews, yet in the OT, there are three distinct aspect of God as Yahweh, Adonai and Shekinah.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.