Troubled Times.

There is more than a hint of unrest in North Africa and Arabia.
It is inevitable that these troubles, which have already caused some death and injury will cause more before the troubles end.
Let us pray that these troubles come quickly to a good conclusion, and that the suffering caused thereby might be soon eased.
This is not just a Muslim question, Christians and Jews are also involved in this suffering.

Praying for peace in North Africa and Arabia.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Amen.

May the Children of God learn to love each so that peace can reign. Amen.

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for those who are being persecuted …

As we reach out to help the troubled souls in Libya, should we not consider, whether they like it or not, that Muslims, because they accept Our Lord as The Messiah, though they might understand that term differently from us, yet that acceptance, defines them as Christians, for Christ is only the Greek word for the Hebrew word Messiah.
Let us also consider that in the light of modern research, moch of the pseudo history in the Jewish canon cannot be reconciled with archeological evidence. There is no archeological support for the ‘Golden Era’ of David and Solomon. There is no evidence to support the legend of a united Israel ruled under Jerusalem, and the City of David never was Jerusalem, but was, as far as I remember, always Bethlehem.
Indeed, the claim, of which much is today made, has much in common with another claim to be a master race with a lost ‘Golden Era’. Purity of Essence comes strongly to mind.
No! I am not making a call to deride a race. The Jews are no more a race than the NAZIs whom they hate and resemble.
No, I do not reject their Holy Monotheism.
Our Lord accepted that and so do I.
But this subject is complex beyond understanding. Whoso defines it in simple terms only gives confusion. Attempst to simplify only result in paradox.
G_D is without gender, and beyond gender. Indeed, Our Lord represented Heaven as the Marriage Feast, where the genders are united.
A man without a woman is only half a person, and vice versa.
G_D is not male or female, but BOTH.
Our language cannot cope with that concept.
We say HE, or SHE. we cannot say IT, for that is for the beasts.
So we say HE. But we need to understand G_D is more than HE.
G_D is the FATHER and the MOTHER of ALL that exists, and has ever existed, and ALL that may come to be.
There is nothing in the Universe which does not come from G_D. Nothing is made from thin air. Nothing is made without G_D. Even what we see as the Enemy is MADE BY G_D, and is OF G_D.
The difference between Islam and Judaism boils down to this:
Muslims accpt Our Lord as Messiah
Jews specificly reject Him. Indeed they define themselves in that rejection.
Let us now look carefully at who we consider to be our friends.
Then we might find a way to build a lasting peace.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:crossrc:

St. Francis, pray for us.

Praying hard.

“Lord Jesus Christ, Prince of Peace, grant us peace throughout the world, that all nations may work together and theat there may be an end to war. I ask this, Lord, in Your Name. Amen.”

No, I am not mocking your prayers, but it is easy to call on G_D to put things right.
However, we must remember that WE are the BODY of CHRIST.
That means, at least as I see it, it is up to us to do as we believe Our Lord would have us do to put right the wrongs we find in the world.
And YES, that does involve a large measure of Social Engineering.
It also, in my humble opinion means we should choose as our allies, those who best perform the will of Our Lord, and to try to reconcile to us those who do not.
Yes, this is politics, but Our Lord was not fearful of getting His fingers dirty in politics. Much of what we find in the Gospel(s) is raw politics. Indeed, very RAW.

So two bigotted idiots publicly burned a copy of the Holy Koran.
Book burning belongs to the NAZIs.
ALL books are precious, even, indeed specially the books of those you consider your enemy, for they will teach you how your enemy thinks, and give you the key to how they might be reconciled.
These two idiots have blackened the name of Christ.
They are NOT Christians.
Blood of innocents is on their hands.
The best thing to do with these two idiots is to send them to Afganistan to explain their actions to a Sharia court.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.