'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen

Tractor-trailer drivers will intentionally clog the inner loop of the Washington, D.C., beltway beginning on the morning of Oct. 11, according to a coordinator of the upcoming "Truckers Ride for the Constitution" rally.

Organizers of the three-day ride want to call attention to a litany of trucker frustrations and express their disapproval of national political leaders.

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

More.....
usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/07/truckers-for-the-constitution-plan-to-slow-dc-beltway-arrest-congressmen

[quote="Son_of_Niall, post:1, topic:341402"]
More.....
usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/07/truckers-for-the-constitution-plan-to-slow-dc-beltway-arrest-congressmen

[/quote]

This is a great idea.

Even better: the members of Congress and the President should get real jobs driving trucks, and let the truckers run the country.

I’m sure truck drivers who are planning this are experts on the US Constitution. :rolleyes:

I feel bad for the people they inconvenience and more so for those they harm and may even kill as emergency vehicles will be impacted and can’t get to people, regardless of them keeping one lane open for them.

This is nothing more than the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Jim

[quote="JimR-OCDS, post:3, topic:341402"]
I'm sure truck drivers who are planning this are experts on the US Constitution. :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Apparently more so than most people in the White House.

I feel bad for the people they inconvenience and more so for those they harm and may even kill as emergency vehicles will be impacted and can't get to people, regardless of them keeping one lane open for them.

No worse than the number of people that are harmed and die when the president visits a city and shuts down the main traffic ways.

Aside from the threat to perform a citizens arrest on Congressmen, I don't see what the significance of going the speed limit is.

SamH

Apparently more so than most people in the White House.

Nothing more than bias rhetoric. The President was a professor of constitutional law. I'll trust his interpretation over truck drivers who'll do nothing, but make innocent people suffer.

No worse than the number of people that are harmed and die when the president visits a city and shuts down the main traffic ways.

Not even close. Presidential motorcades have preplanned routes working with emergency responders.

The truckers have no such working arrangements.

Jim

[quote="JimR-OCDS, post:6, topic:341402"]
SamH

Nothing more than bias rhetoric. The President was a professor of constitutional law. I'll trust his interpretation over truck drivers who'll do nothing, but make innocent people suffer.

[/quote]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Not even close. Presidential motorcades have preplanned routes working with emergency responders.

The truckers have no such working arrangements.

Jim

So when is the last time the motorcade diverted their route for a medical emergancy?

[quote="SamH, post:7, topic:341402"]
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

So when is the last time the motorcade diverted their route for a medical emergancy?

[/quote]

They do all the time when the president or other dignitary goes into the city. They inform emergency personnel of their planned trip into the city and those responsible make plans for taking alternative routes during the traffic slow down.

However, those motorcades don't tie up the traffic for long and it's not done with a political agenda to make government officials to behave according to their will.

Jim

[quote="EmperorNapoleon, post:5, topic:341402"]
Aside from the threat to perform a citizens arrest on Congressmen, I don't see what the significance of going the speed limit is.

[/quote]

Doing the speed limit means they won't be pulled over I suppose.
As for the Congressmen, I wonder if we can submit a list? :D
Top on mine would be John McCain and Lindsay Graham.

So now that the news is out, the ER crews will have to respond to the truckers. Two sides to every coin.

Peace,
Ed

[quote="JimR-OCDS, post:8, topic:341402"]
They do all the time when the president or other dignitary goes into the city. They inform emergency personnel of their planned trip into the city and those responsible make plans for taking alternative routes during the traffic slow down.

However, those motorcades don't tie up the traffic for long and it's not done with a political agenda to make government officials to behave according to their will.

Jim

[/quote]

When Obama goes to into any city it is mostly for a political reason, unless it is for a game of golf.

I'm sure truck drivers who are planning this are experts on the US Constitution. :rolleyes:

I feel bad for the people they inconvenience and more so for those they harm and may even kill as emergency vehicles will be impacted and can't get to people, regardless of them keeping one lane open for them.

Jim

[/quote]

The truckers are as likely as Obama is. :shrug:

[quote="tabycat, post:12, topic:341402"]
The truckers are as likely as Obama is. :shrug:

[/quote]

Obama was a professor of Constitutional Law. A trucker driver has the same credentials, but choose to drive a truck for a living ? :D

Jim

Jim

[/quote]

Dunning-Kruger is an apt description

[quote="JimR-OCDS, post:13, topic:341402"]
Obama was a professor of Constitutional Law. A trucker driver has the same credentials, but choose to drive a truck for a living ? :D

Jim

[/quote]

Are you familiar with the job market for law graduates?

[quote="JimR-OCDS, post:13, topic:341402"]

Jim

[/quote]

Saying that Obama was a "professor of Constitutional Law" is like saying that I am a professor of post-tonal music. I know something about post-tonal music; Obama knows something about the Constitution. I hate post-tonal music . . . extend the analogy yourself.

[quote="DaveBj, post:16, topic:341402"]
Saying that Obama was a "professor of Constitutional Law" is like saying that I am a professor of post-tonal music. I know something about post-tonal music; Obama knows something about the Constitution. I hate post-tonal music . . . extend the analogy yourself.

[/quote]

Except that Obama was in fact a professor of Constitutional Law, where you yourself admit you're not a professor of post-tonal music.

However, a man who drives truck for a living, is hardly an expert on Constitutional Law and their protest plan in DC is proof they aren't even near having a clue.

Jim

Conlon said his plans to storm Congress and arrest members he's deemed treasonous are "nice and peaceful" for the time being, but he seemed to suggest that he's well prepared to use force if necessary. "*f they decide to get ugly with us we're going to do what we have to do," he told U.S. News. "If all I get is one or two congressmen walked out of there in handcuffs, that will be a shot across the bow that will ripple across all branches of government. ... I hope they are all civil enough and brave enough to step out onto the congressional steps."

Gee, what could possibly go wrong with this genius plan.*

Good going truckers ! Time to stop sitting in silence while we are being led like sheep to be slaughtered.

"The truckers circling I-495 will keep the left lane open for emergency vehicles, Conlon said, but "everybody that doesn't have a supporter sticker on their window, good luck: Nobody in, nobody out." The trucks will be going the **55 mile-per-hour* speed limit."

*Ha Ha Ha. Good luck with that! There is no way you will do that! True, traffic is better with the shutdown, but the DOD civilians going back has had an effect. 55? Really? You'll run out of diesel before you do three laps around the beltway.

AND, remember, there are two express lanes that have a 65 MPH speed limit that people will pay a few bucks for and miss the convoy on the entire Virginia side.

Idiots.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.