True Thanksgiving: The Eucharist!

On a POSITIVE note…

Lets just open our hearts,minds,and meditate on this question.

“What does the eucharist TRULY mean to you, and I would LOVE to go first.”

“The Eucharist, my absolute assurance that God loves me. It is me, an unworthy servant (and that is right, we are unworthy), comming to kiss the hand of the King. Actually allowing the king to become part of my life, and allowing him to mold me, for he is the potter, and I am the clay. The Eucharist is Gods abundance mercy and forgivness. Even though “all fall short of the glory of God”, I am able to STILL participate in the meal of the Lord. So all I have to say is Thank you Jesus, for you are TRULY GOOD!!!”

Shalom my brother and sisters,
Ryan

It’s like I told my kids the other day, when they asked me how my day went at work. I said, “I got to spend time with my family, and I got to go to daily Mass today. Nobody at work can ruin my day after that!”

NotWorthy

What a wonderful thread Ryan. As I said before (in a previous thread), when I partake in communion it feels as though no one else is there, just me and God. As most of us feel like we are unworthy of such a wonderful interaction I can’t help but feel that God thinks we’re at least a little worthy, or He wouldn’t allow it in the first place. To know that we are accepted by God brings tears to my eyes.

This is sad,

Lets have OCD about Liturgical dancers,

But when I ask you guys to reflect on the Eucharist,

You cant even reflect on the Great gift from above…

Thanks to those who responded,

I just think its a little sad…

God Bless,
Ryan

PS.- If you have a comment about what I just said, PM ME, lets let those that wanna share about the eucharist continue to do that.

[quote=RomanRyan1088]This is sad,

Lets have OCD about Liturgical dancers,

But when I ask you guys to reflect on the Eucharist,

You cant even reflect on the Great gift from above…

Thanks to those who responded,

I just think its a little sad…

God Bless,
Ryan

PS.- If you have a comment about what I just said, PM ME, lets let those that wanna share about the eucharist continue to do that.
[/quote]

I was JUST thinking the same thing. Its very sad. Just goes to show the negative threads get way more attention than the positive ones.

I feel as unworthy as the first time I received Eucharist back in 1968.

Better late than never, I’ll chip in my 2 cents.

It’s really only in the last year that I’ve truly understood what the Real Presence means. It’s not that I didn’t believe, I just didn’t get it. I can’t tell you how lucky I feel, knowing that Christ is there, really there, at Mass, in my church. Yes, two miles away from where I sit now is my church, and Christ is patiently waiting for me (for us all!) to come spend time with Him.

The Eucharist, and my new-found understanding has so greatly impacted my life these last months. I go to Mass as much as possible, at least one extra day a week, sometimes more depending on my work schedule. My prayer life has gotten so much better. Really, I’m so much happier than I used to be.

So, what am I thankful for this Thanksgiving–the gift of the Eucharist!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.