Trump Administration Transferred $9.8 Million From FEMA To ICE

Cruelty Trumps compassion
“As Christians we must denounce cruelty and support compassion and love at every opportunity. To fail to denounce cruelty is to actively denounce Christ.”

Trump did something every Administration has done since ever?

You think FEMA is more important than ICE. Great! When you are chief executive, you can make those decisions.

Literally, the entire government is one big shell game of moving money, and in this case, he has every right to do what he did.

Sheesh.

Since this latest hurricane was all Trump’s fault,it was really cruel of him to cut FEMA short.Sarcasm included!

1. the illegal occupation by foreign nationals in the US is an emergency.
  2. $9.8 million isn’t even chump change. And none of it was from disaster response funds.
    Additionally, the 2018 FEMA budget is over $1 billion more than Obama’s 2016 budget

Even US Citizens are being denied visa’s On the Texas border. Instead of proving they were born elsewhere. They have to somehow prove they are who they say they are. Like finding a bill or such from 20+ years back. As one of documents that would be required. And the lists goes on. I will not go into the ethnic makeup on these folks. But that does play into who is being denied and what they have to go through to prove their birthright.

Instead of hiding behind an article that is about Trump stripping (minimal) money from FEMA, just start a topic about how you hate his immigration policies and be done with it. You literally didn’t address a single rebuttal in the topic.

I think I have. More then a few times. It is just the drip drip drip……
This administrations policy on immigration is heartless, cruel, and unfair. It all starts with creating the “them” and then demonizing…

And BTW I do not hide behind anything. I do not play word games. And what I say is what what I mean…

them = illegals

trump didn’t create them

search you tube, it seems like every president had a policy against them

people just don’t like law and order.

+them now = US Citizens who now have to prove they are. Won’t go into what they have to provide. As apposed to proving they are not……

What does your quote have to do with Homeland moving their budget around?

I’ve frequently had to prove I was a US Citizen, it shouldn’t be assumed just on someone’s ‘word’

with the amount of identity fraud going on, is it improper to question citizenship? especially when it seems your article is dealing with criminals being questioned by ICE

i was just questioned yesterday about my residency and i do not live near the border. they wanted a document i haven’t seen in years as proof.

Identity fraud should be investigated, not ignored.
Having a birth certificate doesn’t mean it’s your birth certificate.

The state department issues passports.

Are we supposed to believe they issued multiple fraudulent passports? And only to Latinos? We aren’t talking about counterfeit passports.

We are talking about ICE not believing the State Department, because the passport owner is Latino.

So you would be ok with deporting this veteran?
“When Juan, the former soldier, received a letter from the State Department telling him it wasn’t convinced that he was a U.S. citizen, it requested a range of obscure documents — evidence of his mother’s prenatal care, his baptismal certificate, rental agreements from when he was a baby”
“He managed to find some of those documents but weeks later received another denial. In a letter, the government said the information “did not establish your birth in the United States.”
“I thought to myself, you know, I’m going to have to seek legal help,” said Juan, who earns $13 an hour as a prison guard and expects to pay several thousand dollars in legal fees”

Of course the Dept of State has succumbed to identity theft and issued fraudulent passports in decades past, why would you think not?

The article makes it clear it’s Dept of State that is denying the reissue of passports. They’ve been doing this since at least Bush. It’s also logical that they leverage ICE investigative resources.

Also, why wouldn’t the issue be much more pronounced with illegal latinos, they are by far the largest group of illegals who commit identity theft.

I’ve been trying to get a passport for the last 4 months, and I’m not near the border.

Your charge of cruelty is only your opinion. I think it is cruel that the sanctuary city movement and progressives have, by their support of policies that undermine our sovereignty, encouraged people to make themselves vulnerable to thugs and rapists in order to cross Mexico.
That’s cruelty!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.