Trump admits son met Russian for information on opponent

Again, we have a change of the story.

What ever happened to simple truth?

The “simple truth” is that Trump never denied that his son met Veselnitskaya for information, and the article itself never says he did.

That is not a simple truth. Don’t you remember the adoption story?

The “adoption story” is what actually was presented to Trump Jr, and is the truth about that aspect of it. That Trump Jr thought he was going to hear information about Clinton is also the truth about that aspect of it.

Yes the “simple truth” is that the meeting was about collusion, that a cover story was concocted to say tha the meeting was primarily about adoption, that that cover story was incompatible with the email trail, and that now Trump himself has admitted it.

Nonsense. Nobody denies that Veselnitskaya tried to talk about the “Russian adoption” sanction, and never did come up with dirt on Clinton, as Trump Jr was led to believe in the emails. Nobody denies that Trump Jr. thought he was going to hear information on Clinton. No change.

And if his son is prosecuted, dad will dimply grant pardon him.

Not to worry. Trump Jr won’t be prosecuted for “collusion” because he didn’t “collude” and it’s not a crime anyway.

As far as I know, he didn’t talk to the feds, so at least at this point, he can’t be prosecuted for some “perjury trap” thing.

Regardless, Trump ought to pardon all “perjury trap” defendants.

The “truth” is whatever trump says. No matter if he says something different later or before.
Trump = truth

Jr went to talk about adoptions (true)

Jr went to get information about Hillary (also true)

Gaslighting.

Unless, a New York law was broken.

Donald Trump Jr., July 8 statement: It was a short introductory meeting. I asked Jared and Paul to stop by. We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up. I was asked to attend the meeting by an acquaintance, but was not told the name of the person I would be meeting with beforehand.

Donald Trump Jr., July 9 statement: [T]he woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Mrs. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information. She then changed subjects and began discussing the adoption of Russian children and mentioned the Magnitsky Act. It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting.

Donald Trump August 5 2018 twitter. I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent

[quote=“F_Marturana, post:9, topic:501955”]
Jr went to talk about adoptions (true) Absolutely false.

Jr went to get information about Hillary (also true)
[/quote] True

Trump Jr. intended to receive what he was told was information on Clinton. Never, in the emails, is adoption even mentioned. When Veselnitskaya got there, all she wanted to talk about was the adoption thing. As far as anyone knows, that was all she offered.

I do not know this is real or photo shopped. But hoping it is the latter…

A joke, of course. Just not a very funny one.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.