Trump after hearing Romney is in self-quarantine: 'Gee, that's too bad'

Despicable and indefensible.

Giving yet another pass for “Just being Trump”, is like saying, “Ted Bundy was just being Ted Bundy”, or
“OJ was just being OJ”, “Joe Stalin was just being Joe Stalin”, or “Charlie Manson was just being Charlie Manson”, et al.

1 Like

Lol what was he supposed to say?

5 Likes

I didn’t know that. Or maybe something Christian. Like we wish the best for him and his family.

2 Likes

Tearing his garments and sitting in ashes is the only appropriate response

1 Like

That seems to be his biggest problem…there are times when it is best to keep his mouth shut…was it Twain who said, “It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.”

2 Likes

Talking about Trump and appropriate response is an exercise in superfluous imagination

4 Likes

If he’d said nothing you’d be jumping on him for not offering condolences.

8 Likes

And some would say the same thing about Trump.

3 Likes

Then those people should be called to task with fraternal correction, right?

1 Like

Have to say, the call about " defending him" was spot on. Lol

1 Like

Was posting this article a fraternal correction directed towards Trump? I’m not defending Trump, actually I’m not exactly sure what to defend him against in this case. You introduced words that Trump never said and I was only pointing out that extreme emotions run both ways. Not that they are correct.

Deliver the speech from Lord of the Rings where Eomer starts to eulogize his uncle on the battlefield soon after his death or compose a Pindaric or Homeric ode.

This sort of stuff needs to stop, the forum needs to perhaps use the same rules it did some years back when political posts sniping like this got out of hand and the forum moderators limited all posters to a maximum of a few politically oriented posts a day. However, as we don’t have the number of mods that were around then it would be difficult to implement.

3 Likes

What would you expect him to say?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This sort of stuff, from left or right, democrats or republicans, or other political parties elsewhere is petty and is akin to exchanging one-liners with each other in a burning building. It is amusing to have a minor squabble over it perhaps normally. Right now isn’t that time.

1 Like

Expectations are not exactly inspired.

Really? Then I guess there is nothing more to be said

Thanks for making my point.

1 Like

I agree.The constant bashing of our president is wholly inappropriate ,not only bacause it is the Lenten season,also because he is doing everything he can for us.Easy to assume others’’ could do a better job.
God Bless President Trump.
:pray:

1 Like

Ok. Stay safe. God bless, you.

Yes, God bless President Trump…but

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything…is it okay to call him out for inappropriate comments after the start of the Tridiuum, or should we wait until Easter?

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.