Trump brands Cruz a 'nasty guy'

The fracas between the Republican presidential front-runners escalated Sunday as Donald Trump went after Ted Cruz’s likability, calling him a “nasty guy.”

“Nobody likes him, nobody in Congress likes him, nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him,” Trump said in an interview airing on ABC’s “This Week.”

Read more: politico.com/story/2016/01/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nasty-guy-217896#ixzz3xVvqiGhu

More here
abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-ramps-attacks-ted-cruz-hes-nasty/story?id=36335768

Perhaps one of what seems a rare lucid and insightful moment by Trump, or he could have been reflecting on himself?

He may or may not be in private life but personal attacks are just wrong. However, there’s a silly (I think) suit being files over Cruzs birther… I wonder if he’ll have to drop out of the race! I’d love to see mor of Carly And Mike Huckabee. Both seem very pro life, but guess unless there’s a big upset it won’t happen.

Huckabee is okay, but I don’t want the person (Fiorina) who nearly bankrupted HP and axed the jobs of many hard workers so they couldn’t feed their families anywhere near government on any level. I’d actually rather have Clinton than Fiorina. Fiorina doesn’t stand a chance anyway. :shrug:

Whatever the case is, I am supporting Ted Cruz right now.

Trumps negatives can’t be ignored, and there are concerns that some folks in these crowds he has will actually wait in line on Election Day to vote for him.

Clinton would be a far worse leader than Carly, especially from a Catholic standpoint.

Why do Republican leaders and his colleagues seem to hate Senator Cruz? Besides him being ineligible to be President and all.

Because he stands for conservative principles and doesn’t bow to the party line of the elites.

I agree with Trump, Cruz is a nasty guy and a hypocrite.

He tried to kill the ACA, yet now he and his family get their health insurance through the ACA.

Jim

I don’t think that’s it. It seems to cross the line into they don’t like him as a person.

Trump, and all the others, need to remember the words of the giant on whose shoulders they wish to stand: ** “Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.”**

• Ronald Reagan, and his 11th commandment

And for those who think, “times are different”, he had witnessed the betrayal of Goldwater in '64 by the progressive wing of the party, as well as their failure to govern under Nixon.
And he still recognized that, after the primary, winning the general election depends on unity.

Jon

Great, but Cruz attacked Trump and New Yorker’s to begin with.

Jim

Im against abortion, but there are other things to consider in a president. Fiorina is at the bottom of my list, I’d rather have Trump, and I sure don’t want Trump. I think Cruz or Rubio will win the nomination anyway.

I believe Cruz partaking of thevACA,was a very statesman like move on his part.Particularily when he was and probably is still against.Yet,unlike others’ in congress and senate,he doesn’t absolve himself from this horrendous piece of legislation.Not a do as I say,not as I do,which is very upright,I applaud him,we need to see more of this type of action from our elected public servants👍

I agree, but I think Trump should stop the personal attacks.

He went on ACA when his wife left Goldman Sachs to help him run for president.

Before his family was on her health insurance through her employer.

ACA is a blessing for my family.

Jim

Well, giant egos rarely remain silent in the face of criticism.

Jim

True, and Trump can’t take criticism.

Hmm, I think my quote said, “Trump, and all the others…”
And as far as attacking New Yorkers, the attack was clearly aimed at progressive/fascist leaders, such as the current mayor and governor, the latter who said, “Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”
So, let’s remember where the attacks started.

Jon

Pretty sure he could have picked up a private plan elsewhere,no I think this was a very admirable move on his part.Can’t wait to see if others’ in congress will follow suit,uhhhh,maybe Nancy Pelosi,et all…However,I woun’t hold my breath!:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.