Trump, Challenged About Putin, Says ‘Our Country’s So Innocent?’

When O’Reilly asked why Trump respects Putin the president said, “Well, I respect a lot of people but that doesn’t mean I’m going to get along with him.”

When O’Reilly said, “Putin’s a killer,” Trump responded: “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent?”

nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-challenged-about-putin-says-our-country-s-so-innocent-n716906

I mean, c’mon. Can anyone imagine what would happened if Obama had said this? :eek:

I think Trump is beginning his apology tour for Putin.

How dare you criticize the Glorious Leader. Don’t you know he is ordained from God above by none other than Paula White herself to do God’s will upon the earth?
Don’t you know he was Knighted by Rupert Murdoch himself to bring about truth and justice for all?
Sorry, I’m gonna have to turn you into (see something, say something) to Homeland Security, the FBI, the CIA, Fox News and Department of Motor Vehicles.
Your in deep trouble m’laddo…:wink:

Sadly (very sadly), if we’re subjected to a terrorist attack here again, I’ve no doubt that those of us who criticize Trump will be labeled as pro-terrorists. :frowning:

You’re right. If Obama had said that, conservatives would pounce.

There’s nothing wrong with admitting mistakes were made, just make sure the description of perpetrator and victim are accurate.

:eek:

That is absurd.

However, if there is another attack here by immigrants or refugees, President Trump has absolved himself by trying at break-neck speed to fix the system.

All eyes except for hyper-partisans will be on the courts and the ACLU. They are taking a big risk here.

I do sympathize with those who have been caught in transit.

That is not an apology tour. Trump clearly doesn’t want to alienate Putin, but if Trump is also this big ego-manic as the neverTrump crowd keeps saying, why would he just let Putin show him up?

Seems a little tough to have it both ways.

Surely you’re old enough to remember 9/11. There was zero (and I mean ZERO) room to criticize Bush in the months afterward without being labeled pro-terrorist. Perhaps this has slipped your mind because you didn’t criticize. But for those who did, the memory is quite fresh.

I don’t get it either! :confused:

I really think they forget what they say. How can an ego maniac be a puppet?

Well I was living in the UK at that time. Seemed to me like Americans were tense, but united and President Bush’s approval skied. I do know there were some “no eye for an eye” protests, but those appeared mild compared to the rank violence of today. And it is ironic that people would use violence to protest violence.

I realize the viewpoint of criticizing Bush shortly after 9-11 put one in the extreme minority, but I also wasn’t aware people were being called pro-terrorist if that was indeed happening.

I do know that his decision to go to war in Iraq was essentially a permission slip to really hammer his foreign policy.

This was a fun image on the bumpers of cars in those days.

amazon.com/dp/B0002U5LWU/

Except for when it comes to Saudi nationals (the ones who attacked us on 9/11.) No “break-neck speed” to protect us from Saudi Arabia.

If they are put on the list would that satisfy you?

Then I’m sure you remember which country gave us those terrorists. Hint: It’s not on Trump’s List of 7. (Trump, not Obama, is the president now. )

Would I be happy with third-word countries like Yemen getting a free pass for a change and getting tough with Saudi Arabia? Yes. Wouldn’t you?

IIRC, it’s Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE, all of which are historical American allies, and all of which would be ticked as [expletive] and stop sending us oil if we put them on the Seven Nation Order.

ding, ding, ding

:extrahappy:

What do I win?

Two words: Michael Hastings.

I found this article on Yemen

Here’s an excerpt…2016 Washington Post
washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/02/in-yemeni-capital-signs-of-hatred-toward-americans-are-everywhere/?utm_term=.56696

"They took advantage of the political and security vacuum that emerged from the 2011 revolution here — part of the Arab Spring uprisings — that toppled longtime autocrat Ali Abdullah Saleh. By the fall of 2014, the Houthis had swept southward and occupied Sanaa. They forced Saleh’s successor, U.S.- and Western-backed Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, to resign last year. Soon after, the anti-American slogans emerged throughout the city.

On one level, the anger is an extension of the Houthis’ credos. Their flag reads: “God is Great, Death to America, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews, Victory to Islam.”"

Even Feudal Lords knew to build a wall to keep out enemies who wanted to kill the people. No one is objecting to immigrants, but let’s vet them first. And I know people say they are vetted, two years. I don’t have proof but I’m thinking some people got through… Like San Bernadino’s terrorist’s fiancee…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.