Trump Could Win It All

A new survey shows a sizable number of Democrats ready to defect from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump.

So if Donald Trump proved the political universe wrong and won the Republican presidential nomination, he would be creamed by Hillary Clinton, correct?

A new survey of likely voters might at least raise momentary dyspepsia for Democrats since it suggests why it wouldn’t be a cakewalk.

The survey by Washington-based Mercury Analytics is a combination online questionnaire and “dial-test” of Trump’s first big campaign ad among 916 self-proclaimed “likely voters” (this video shows the ad and the dial test results). It took place primarily Wednesday and Thursday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percent.

Nearly 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they’d cross sides and vote for Trump, while a small number, or 14 percent, of Republicans claim they’d vote for Clinton. When those groups were further broken down, a far higher percentage of the crossover Democrats contend they are “100 percent sure” of switching than the Republicans.

usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-01-08/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-is-a-real-threat-to-hillary-clinton

I hope the US can get its act together and break out of “popularity contest” politics.

“When facism comes, it will come wrapped in the American flag”
Huey Long".

You needed an extra entry for “not sure/third party/other”

I take voting very seriously and won’t skip it, but the prospect of either of those people ruling this country leaves a very bad taste in my head. Neither is getting my vote.

If these 2 are the best we can do, we should ask the Queen to take us back.

ICXC NIKA

I don’t want to vote for either of them. Since I think it’s ones duty to vote; however, given the two choices I would have to go with Trump.

Me, too. If one votes for a third party, we may end up with one of the options that one does not want. This country is not ready for a third party yet. Start at the bottom, elect mayors and governors and then shoot for a US representative. Going for president right out of the box will not work, IMO.

Me, too. If one votes for a third party, we may end up with one of the options that one does not want.

But if both options are distasteful, there would then be nothing to lose.

ICXC NIKA

Haha GEddie I don’t really like that phrasing you use when you say “ruling the country,” because no matter how powerful the Presidency has become, the governance of this country lies only with the people, who are represented by three branches of government that are equal with one another through checks and balances.

I also agree with you that I would never skip voting (especially because this is my first presidential election that I am eligible for), but that if it were between Trump and Hillary, I would have to go for Trump eve if he is not the best, because after reading his website he DOES have quite a few good ideas (except for the wall with Mexico). Not to mention that he is now pro-life and also that Hillary is political scum.

May God bless you all abundantly and forever! :slight_smile:

I hope the nomination is either Trump, Cruz, or Paul, though the latter would be a real longshot. If not I’ll probably vote 3rd party.

"You know, someone very profoundly once said many years ago that if fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism.”

• Ronald Reagan

Clinton is worse by far.

Trump is rude & rash, but Clinton agrees with evil.

What you will get is one of the two people you don’t want, and I think you know that already. At this point in time, it is fruitless to vote third party as a protest. Guess it comes down to who do you dislike more, Trump or Hillary (if they are the nominees.)

Whatever Huey Long had to say was not from being admirable.

If those that defeated fascism were around today, they’d be called fascists.

Like Joseph Stalin? Or what do you mean? Fascism isn’t the only evil.

Rand Paul would be a disaster. He is nothing but a puppet of the elitist Senate Majority leader Harry Reid.

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump’s goal is to get Hillary elected.

Unless the GOP nominates a real conservative – Cruz or Rubio – voting for a third party is the only option.

[quote=GEddie;1356769a]If these 2 are the best we can do, we should ask the Queen to take us back.

ICXC NIKA
[/quote]

If these two are the best we can do, the Queen wouldn’t want to take us back. And I wouldn’t blame her.

I won’t vote as it is a very long walk/swim.

I won’t be voting democrat, so if Trump is the nominee I will be voting for him. I can think of worse. I don’t think he is in the race to help Hillary win.

Umm, remember in the 50s how we had that big commuism scare, and it was just witchcraft. Could there be some communist mentalities in those days? Without a doubt but it was proven that not everyone.

Look at our time, are there people with fascism ideas? Sure, but we the people, and this falls on us, we have the power to not vote for those caandidates. Trust me, Hillary and Donald are not the only whackos out there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.